Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flip Flop Shack (Belmont)
Finally had a chance to test out the farce fins aquired some months ago...they work great. Except for the cramp in the leg towards the end of the day. Launched from the flip flop shack. My buddy and I had pinhead chovies and small sardines for live bait. We also used plastic... lots of plastics. All short halibuts were released!!!!! Thats because none of them were of legal length. Although a couple of them could be considered legal. Nah...too close! A few sharks and shovelnose was included in the total. Oh yeah... lots of 8 to 10 inch sand bass . some mullets jumping. A good time was had until the wind picked up and the Jetskis showed up... that pretty much took care of the fishing. thats when the leg cramp kicked in... I blame the jet skis... I had to kick like heck against the current and getting out of the way of the [url "mailto:402323%"]!@$#@#%[/url].

As soon as I can figure out how to resize the pics.. I will post it up...

ok..I think I got it...there is a three shots of the floattube setup... and other shots.

Minh
[signature]
hey we weren't too far from each other. we launched from 68th street on alamitos bay.

joe
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Halibut, way to go. Looks like you had a good trip. It would have been better to bring back a couple of legals and to not have to fight the wind and the idiots.

Glad you got to hit the water. Those are great pics. I have saved a couple of the shots of the horizontal rod rack for the archives.

Welcome back.
[signature]
I almost launched from 68th.. went with the beach side instead. You up for night time floatubing Grissom?... makesure you have lights so boats sees ya!

I will post as soon as I can confirm time and date..& tide...
[signature]
I usually go with two racks to even out the weight.. but have been doing fine with just the one... previous ones fold down. can take better pics if you need.
[signature]
YA DUDE! I have never tubed grissom....I dont even know where it is....which island is it? are you a member on baytubers too??? uuuhhh.. minh?

joe
[signature]
yup... used to tube alot more often. Just getting back into the water after a couple of hospital stays... thats off topic ....lol I replied to ya on baytuber
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Halibut, if you can take a couple of pictures showing the method of attachment to the tube, that would be good for anyone who might want to use a similar setup.

We like to be able to show someone several options and let them choose what works best for them.

Thanks
[signature]