Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need south fork of the snake advise
I have only floated from the dam to spring creek and from cotton wood to byington. that was in the pontoons during low flows around 3500 cfm. In 2 weeks were taking the drift boat up there for the first time now that flows have stabilized. We really want to get a early start and do the whole canyon from Conant to Byington. Is it practical for a day of fishing?
[signature]
yes this is about 8-10 hour trip depending on flow and how many stops you make..and wind blowing up canyon
there are camping areas a long the way. i think you have to reserve them..[fishin][fishin][fishin]
happy fishing its a great float..
[signature]
Thanks that's what i was hoping to hear [cool]
[signature]
Like beautyfish3 said, you can do it in a long day on the water, but I would suggest you try to camp that way you can enjoy one of the best floats anywhere. If you get a big headwind be prepared for hours of rowing to get out of there.

Windriver
[signature]
thanks [cool]
I would love to camp but not sure that is going to be an option i discussed it with the others that are going and i might be able to swing it but they only have one day. I thought about camping at the end of the gravel road somewhere just above fulmer and they could leave there truck there and drive out Saturday evening. we could finish the rest of out float out to byington Sunday.
[signature]
You may want to consider floating from paliSades to conant. Not as long of a float but you could still spend most of the day on the river if you stop at several places. You wouldn't feel as rushed. Either way you'll have fun!

Cole
[signature]
That may be an option as a buddy is bringing his girlfriend and that puts her in his place on the drift boat and him in his toon . whenever he brings a girl he is always late [crazy]
[signature]
That is a beautiful float . It makes for a long day but it is worth it. Just get a early start and don't stop too much and you will not have any problems.

jim
[signature]
Thats what were planing I would like to be unloading around 6 30 am Im kinda along for the ride not much fishing as i will be on the oars all day so i have to stop a few times and drowned a fly or float one as i hear the salmonflys are making there presence noticeable [cool]
[signature]
You might take a look at Jimmy's All Season Angler's site here in Idaho Falls if you haven't already. They have current flows and conditions for the South Fork. Give them a call and ask for Tim, he guides on the South Fork and would give all the info you need.
[signature]
I stop into jimmy all the time I love that store I have been watching there site pretty regularly and reading the reports But may give Tim a call thanks [cool]
[signature]