Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing report for Bishop CA
[cool] Hey Guys,
Inspite the drought in the Bishop area and most of Inyo County, there are still some fish to be had over there. Don't count on much in the Owens River cause even a good Brown will search out nicer waters himself. But if you really want some good action without a pesky river taking your tube from you then try the Buckly Ponds. I will have some pics to follow, since I just got back myself.

There are lots of good large mouths, smallies and Bluegill up there in the ponds as well as some decent Cats(channels and Blues). According to the Locals up there, the Large Mouths are hitting best on the Pather Martin Weedless Frogs and they are using a lure that looks like a field mouse.[Tongue]
And of course anything you have in pumpkinseed color will attrack as well.

The Small Mouth Bass and the Bluegills both loved a small brown Rooster Tail.[Wink] Although some of the ponds have a few cat tails, they are still navigatable. Any comments or questions, feel free to ask.

Happy Fishing

TubeN2
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the report. I'm sure some folks might like a bit of direction on the general location of the ponds...in relation to Bishop.

Has Sean got that custom rod properly trained yet?

If you have any problem posting the pics, send them to me and I will put them up.

(TubeDad)
[signature]