Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fish Your Bass Off" Bass Tournament in Rexburg, ID
[#ff0000]Hey guys, I thought some of you would be interested in this...I am going to be in it and am looking for a teammate. If any of you would like to join me for some good fishin', let me know!!![/#ff0000]

Fish Your Bass Off 2 PERSON TEAM TOURNAMENT

Saturday, July 31st, 2010
Rainbow Lake. Rexburg Idaho.

COME WIN $5,000 IN CASH

And, Sage rods, guided trips, gear & other great swag!

$100/person. $200/team.

Here is how the tourney will work:
Each team member will keep their 2 largest bass, so 4 bass per team. You can only keep 2 bass. We will add the total inches of all 4 Bass and the winner will have the most total inches. However, if any team member catches a Rainbow Trout you will multiply your total inches by 1.1. If any team member catches a tiger muskie you will multiply your total inches by 1.3. There are no additional points awarded for additional trout or muskie caught. You must verify your Muskie or Trout with a volunteer out on the lake.

Winners will get new Sage Rods!

We will also be releasing a tagged $5,000 bass in the morning heat and in the afternoon heat. Whoever catches those bass will be awarded $5,000.

EVENT SCHEDULE

8am – Noon • HEAT 1 OF THE TOURNEY
1pm – 5pm • HEAT 2 OF THE TOURNEY
5pm – 6pm • TALLY WINNERS
6pm – 7pm • FOOD AND SILENT AUCTION
7pm – 8pm • AWARD CEREMONY

For more info, go to:

[url "http://www.flyfishingfrenzy.com/fishyourbassoff/"]http://www.flyfishingfrenzy.com/fishyourbassoff/[/url]

[#ff0000]Thanks!![/#ff0000][#ff0000]-Josh
[/#ff0000]
[signature]
Very interesting idea. They figured out a way to get rid of the bass without the expense of rotanoane.

I think the people who draw the morning heat will have a better chance of catching the rainbow trout bonus.

The lake is relativly shallow and already very warm this summer.

I might be interested...Ok I am interested there is just the small problem of that being my wifes due date.[laugh] I should be able to work around that right?

Windriver
[signature]
HaHa...that being your wife's due date might be a slight problem. At least for me it would be. Hmmm. You'll have to talk it over with her (haha).

Would you want to be my partner?

Also, are you thinking that each team will get to fish either the 1st heat OR the 2nd heat? And not both? That would kind of suck. haha
[signature]
I tried to call a friend to get some answers. Haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know when I know.

You better get another partner because I have not decided for obvious reasons.

Windriver
[signature]
I am interested, but have a couple questions. First, is this fly fishing only? Secondly, I have the same question as tob04002, does each team get to fish both heats? Would be fun, hopefully I can make this happen.
[signature]
Hey, it is spin fishing AND fly fishing. The only speculation is that you can not use bait (i.e. worms etc..). I will try to find out about the heat thing as well.

Josh
[signature]
Ok, guys I got a little more info from my friend who is a part owner of the lake.

The money goes to a charity. I cant remember which one but it is a fund raiser for a charity. They should make that clear on their web site.

The lake will be split into quadrants. Each heat is four hours long. The boats will move to a new quadrant every hour so the best spots aren't hogged for the whole tournament.

He said they were having some sort of a problem with getting a Fish and Game official or a police officer to release the bass so everyone knows it is for real...I didn't really understand that part, but they are working with the tournament underwriter to make a great top prize that works for everyone.

Like the web site says the top prize are the sage rods and then there are guided trips etc... for 2nd and third.

Anyway that is what I found out.

Windriver
[signature]
Sounds like a fun time! I'll have to try and get clearance from the house boss!
[signature]
I'm interested....

I wish there was a discount for poor college kids [:/]
[signature]
Sweet, thanks Windriver!

Now I just need a team partner!! Anybody interested?

I don't have a boat. Sad
[signature]
From what I understand each team will only fish one heat. I guess you guys should contact them directly through their web site for specific questions.

Windriver
[signature]
That's really not a lot of fish time for a 100 bucks. Do you sit around the rest of the afternoon until the rest of the program?
[signature]
I don't have all the answers. From what I understand they split it into two heats so that they could get more people into the tournament on a small lake.

They really do need to fix their web site to emphasize that this is a charity tournament. The point is to raise some money. I will call tomorrow again and ask what charity it is.

For people that are really interested in this I would contact them through the web site.

Windriver
[signature]
Yeah, each team will fish in one of the two heats. 4 hours of fishing isn't all that long...

It is a charity tournament...so that won't make me feel as bad for spending $100 to do it. [laugh]

Now I just need a partner!!!

Josh
[signature]
I got ahold of my friend again and found out that the money from the tournament all goes to the RETT Syndrome foundation. This is a disease that attacks the nervous system.

Windriver
[signature]