Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One less fisherman
[cool]As many members on the Utah board know, I have been delayed in my return to Utah while caring for my parents. As of today, I am one step closer to fulfilling my responsibilities.

Dad was 85, worn out and finally just quit fighting for life this morning. At the end, he was not the man my mother married, nor the same man who instilled in me a love for fishing. That man has not been with us for some time now. We do not grieve his loss, and no condolences are necessary.

He was the first to put a fishing rod in my hands, and I was the last to put one in his. It was a long time between the first and second occasions...and it has been far too long since the latter.

If there is anything I would say it is to teach your kids to fish...and don't ever miss a chance to go fishing with either your kids or your dad. Someday, those trips may be all that is left of them...and of you.
[signature]
Very brave and moving words my friend.
[signature]
You and your family are in our thoughts.

ES
[signature]
TD,

You really touched me with this post. My heart is heavy with the news of your loss.[unsure] You are a strong person and your children (if you have any) are lucky to have a father like you.[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Words of wisdom that I will follow. My grandaughter, who is four, was out with me last night practicing our casting with her "Sponge Bob" pole. I hope this will continue to be the start of the same kind of relationship you had with your father.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I feel for ya, I lost my dad last November at a young 59 years. The last 3-4 years of his life was misery for all. We spent many days fishing and hunting together. Last year i was able to take my dad up to rock creek for his last fishing trip. I too had to put the pole in his hands and talk about pulling on the heart strings. I also had the chance to push him in his wheelchair along the river and i could see the memories flooding back.

I also had the chance to share my elk hunt with him right before he passed away. I shot it on a hillside where i had Cellular service and i called and talked to him through the whole kill.

I sure do miss my buddy as i am sure you do.

This is why i feel it is so important to take my kids fishing and make memories for them and me.
[signature]
TubeDude, my thoughts and prayers are for you and your family. Thanks for the post, and God speed.
[signature]
Pat, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your mother and Delores today.
[signature]
Very moving words TD. As you know if you have read any of my posts I fish with my 14yr old son and my grandson 9 and grandaughter 4. I also have a younger grandson who I will start taking fishing next summer. To me these are the best memories one can have. To me the passing of a person is not to be morned but celebrated and to pass on there memory by teaching the younger ones what they taught you.
[signature]
Dude,

[unsure]Very fine words from a very good man. Your family must be very proud of you!!!!! Keep a hold of your memories of your dad and reflect as often as you can. I'm sure he's somewhere out there pulling for his son.

Leaky
TD,

I'm glad that you have followed in your dad's tradition to take kids fishing. My dad got me started fishing as soon as I could walk! And I can't thank him enough. I can't wait until I have kids and can pass the tradition on to them.

Kevin
[signature]
Your father must have been a very fine man to raise such a good son. I'm happy he lived a full life with many years. My father is getting up there in age too. He is still my favorite person to fish with and always will be.

Your post touched me deeply also because I know my favorite fishing partner won't be able to join me one day soon. Our prayers are with you "Tube dude".

ARON
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Pat,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thank you for your good example ... which is also to thank your dad.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Your example is to teach us all to "live life large".[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Fishing isn't just fishing ... is it?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Pat my thoughts are with you and your family my friend.

George
[signature]
[cool][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I try not to reply to my own posts too often, but there is no way I could reply to all of the kind words and support you folks have sent our way. The best I can do is just say[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]THANK YOU...From the Scouten Family.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
T.D. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cableguy
[signature]
Tube Dude,
Nice release, Dude. I'm glad you've had so many good experiences with your dad. Now, as you let him go, I hope you cherish your memories of him as much as you enjoyed the time you spent with him. Sounds like you already had to say goodbye quite a while ago.

My condolences,
Fishrmn
We to have always tried to teach our kids the same aboout fishing as well as how much fun it is to share with someone you love. You have a great knowledge of what this is and how important to share with the ones you love. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
Norm and Stacy
[signature]
[cool] Hey Pat, the next time I'm on the water. My first cast will be in honor of your Dad and all of the other "Dads" that taught their son's and others to fish

Your friend Tommy
[signature]
Hey pat,

your post was very moving to me and made me think alot. thanks for the insight on such a occasion. you guys are in our thoughts here.
[signature]