Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek Aug 06. planters & a bonus
Fished lost creek today with my son from 8am to 12 noon. The catching was steady all morning for 10 to 14 inch planters. We were trolling with riggers at 25 to 30 feet, flatfish were the hot ticket for us[Wink]. Oh yea, the bonus came on the 4th fish, we knew right away this was no planter, it has been a while since one this nice was caught in my boat at LC.
WH2
[signature]
I'm not much of a trout fisherman, a couple trips per year in the fall, but that is one nice fish! I've never fished Lost Creek before and I've only seen pics/reports of average sized bows. Congratulations to your son on catching the big one. I got beat out by my daughter today while bass fishing on her first cast, I love it!
[signature]
Way to go Curt, that is a nice trophy to come from LC. I haven't seen anything that big come from that reservoir in a long time. great job and thanks for sharing your photos.
[signature]
Congrats to your son on a fine fish.
[signature]
Awesome fish!

Also, did they change the rulings at LC for boats with motors? My cousin was going to head there but was told only non motorized boats allowed on the water.]
[signature]
Must be another lake because Lost Creek, which is North East of Morgan, has never had that restriction on motors but it is a wakeless lake.
[signature]
That is what I thought as well. I will let him know, he will be pleased Smile
Thank you.
[signature]
Wow nice cutty, congradts. Were you trolling the flatfish by themselves or were you running dodgers or anything else with them. I've hooked up some nice bows in that same area on my tube with sinking fly line but nothing like that toad.
[signature]
Yes, it was just the flatfish by itself. We tried the dodger with other lures and caught fish but the flatfish by itself did better. We were marking some big schools of smaller fish by the cliffs and we were seeing bigger fish in with them. I think the smaller fish were chubs and the one big cutt was in with them feeding on them. We tried to revive the big girl for over 25 minutes and it swam away and down once but it came right back up, belly up, Sad[frown]. Anyway, we had to keep her and she was full of eggs which I thought was strange because Bear lake cutts spawn in the spring. She also had a 9" chub in her stomach. We measured the depth on the side of the fish and she was 7" deep. She weighed just one ounce shy of 6 pounds. About 25 years ago, me and another guy caught a 27", 7.5 lb, cutt near the dam but it was no where near as fat as this fish was, for a length of only 23". There are a few big fish in LC but IMO they are few and far between.
[signature]
BEAUTIFUL!!!
[signature]
Sweet, I hope you put it back in the lake for I can catch the beauty throught the ice! Smile
[signature]