Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bass
me and my girlfriend drove up to sand hallow for a quick trip. fished from shore right when we got there, got nothing. pumped up the raft and paddled out to bout 12 foot deep and tried worms, crank baits still nothing. paddled back to bout 5-8 foot of water and casted some black and blue skirted 1/4 ounce jig with a blue gozo grub and got 7 largemouths in bout an hour. couple decent ones, nothing huge but some good fighters, one was fighting super hard taking line on my baitcaster and medium heavy rod i thought was going to real big but ended up being around 2 pounds. pretty fun morning though. 5 pounder still eludes me though.
[signature]
Great report, nice looking fish. What pound line were you fishing?
[signature]
Nice haul Smile
[signature]
Great post and nice pictures. I have always wanted to try fishing that hole. I remember when i was younger seeing them dig the hole for that lake and still haven't fished it yet...
[signature]
i have 15 pound flourocarbon on mine. She has 8 pound stren mono on her spining reel
[signature]
Nice pics and report [cool] wish my girl would go with me every once in a while but what can u do. Is there any park entrance fee? Looks like ur fishing in the open sun how bad/hot was it? thanks

~4poundonly
[signature]
she paid the fee, i think it was 10 bucks, couple more if you have a boat. The sun was pretty rough. and paddling that thing when it was so hot sucked. we took a few breaks to swim and relax. we went into town for lunch and came back in the afternoon and went out again for awhile but gave up after bout an hour of sun baking. at the gate it says theres swimmers itch in the lake but ive swam or wadded out 3 different trips and have not had a problem. on the other end of the lake there is "jumping rocks" that looks like fun, will have to try next time we go. but yeah its every bit as hot there as vegas.
[signature]
NICE DAY YOU HAD... where is this place you say? new to the area and i need to catch a nice bass or two!!! ive got nothing but 5-6 inchers. Thanks
[signature]
its in utah. bout 8 miles outa st george, 120 from vegas. up I-15 to i think its highway 9 in Hurricane and head east and follow the signs. quail creek lake is north of the highway and sand hallow is just south of it. never been skunked there.
[signature]