Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South fork snake report
Well here is my weekly south fork report. Started the day at the normal 6:30 am shove off. The weather was a little colder and a lot more overcast than normal. Fishing started off a little slow but about half way thought the float things started to pick up. I made a cast and it landed about 2 inches form the bank and instantly I saw a big flash and new it was a good fish. Ended up being a 23" fat brown [Image: grin.gif]. About a hour later we went down a side Chanel we had never gone down before and right at the boat another big flash this fish made the 23"er look small. We were in a bad spot on the river and we could not stop and the guy in the back of the boat could not come forward to help with the net because he could not get past the rower. I tried to net it myself and lost it [Image: cry.gif]. If I had to guess I would say it was close to 30" mark and extremely fat. I will be laying awake all night to night thinking about that one. Sorry no pics I thought it was going to be a wet day so I left the camera home. We boated around 30 fish and off the water around 1:00 pm .

Jim
[url "http://imhooked.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1276985235/30#top"]Back to top[/url]
[signature]
Wow! I spend so much time fishing with my kids lately that I haven't really concentrated on anywhere with a decent fish.

Sounds like you have them figured out. Thanks for the weekly report.

Windriver
[signature]
thanks for the report. i sure wish i got aout as often as you. I went this saturday morning just wading and caught 6 on a fly rod in a couple of hours but nothing of the kind of size you were talking about.
I have been hitting the southfork every saturday & sunday for the last 6 weeks. I am not married no kids and have a three day weekend every week makes it easy to get out a lot. I got a lot of hours in so far this year it was about time a few big fish came to play. 6 fish in a few hours isn't too bad. If you put in the time the big fish will come sooner or later.

Jim
[signature]
I don't have kids but I bet you get more excitement watching your kids catch fish than catching them your self. I don't know about having them figured out. I don't know how many casts I have made this year but sooner or later one has to land next to a big fish.

Jim
[signature]
I've been working so much lately that I live for your reports Jim! Now I'm headed for the fair for 8 days with my cabinet company booth. Stop on in if you come down! I'm next to big dog satellite so at least I'll be able to read your reports while I'm there! [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I would like to stop in and meet you but I am planing on be on the water at least 3 days this weekend. I have fri, sat ,sun, & mon off.[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
[quote jimpete525]I would like to stop in and meet you but I am planing on be on the water at least 3 days this weekend. I have fri, sat ,sun, & mon off.[Smile][Smile][/quote]

I wish I was in your boat! [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]