Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have this reel?

Hey there TubeDude,

Would you happen to have an ABU garcia 5600 FL round baitcasting reel? This one of my favorite reels but is now no longer moving. I have searched ebay and various on-line shops to no avail. It's not a classic or super rare model it's just not sold any longer. New or used, I could have one working reel and the other for parts.

You've got so much stuff, there's a chance. ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Sorry, my friend. I do not have the model you seek. However, I do have a 6000 C that I have not had on a rod for several years. It is black, with a right hand retrieve and custom handle. I use to use it for bass flipping, but it hasn't had much action...other than a couple of night catfishing trips in the last 20 years. The drag system should be good, since I never took it out where the big fishies play.

If you can't find what you seek, and wanna do some horse (reel) trading, let me know.

By the way, I entered "AmbasSadeur 6000 C) in Yahoo and it brought up a lot of sites with older reels on them. Most are in European languages.
[signature]
i think i might have on laying around that i'm not useing like dude suggest maybe we can do some horse trading i'll get back to you when i get off work

chris
[signature]
sorry ron mine turned out to be a 5500 C good luck with your hunt
chris
[signature]

Hi aquaman,

Thanks for the effort. I'm finding a lot of anglers have ABU garcia reels that have been in the closet for awhile.

Again, thanks

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][size 4]Hey JapanRon,[/size]

[size 4]Have you tried punching the info into GOOGLE? There are dozens of reels listed there. Use the "ABU Garcia 5600 series" to describe your search. Good fishing -oops I mean good hunting.[/size]

[size 4][/size]
[signature]

Hey there Dryrod,

Google is at the top of my list of favorites. I am a teacher's assistant at a local adult school doing the search engine and search stratagies lessons for the Japanese language computer classes. Sounds wierd but this is California. ha ha Google rules for ease of use and consistancy in my not always so humble opinion! ha ha

I've looked in Google on a keyword, picture/photo, website, and alternate language base search. my base search info is ABU garcia/AmbasSador/5600/FL/new/used/etc., etc. ha ha

I appreciate your kind advice and hope others try Google if they haven't already.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool] Hey JR,

sorry to say but my kids found out that there are things other than fishing on that google site. Sry. I'll check my stock of reels as well and I'll get back to you.
[signature]

Thanks tubeN2,

An Australian board had an Abu Garcia reel that looked a bit similar but without the thumb bar. It was called 'Royal Express III' so I'm sure it may be called something else in different areas.

This search gets more interesting all the time.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool] I guess one can get attached to equipment that is satisfying. In my case, I refuse to give up my old Mitchel reals that I have. Hell, I even bought my son some Shimanos and Daiwas just so that he wouldn't touch my Mitchels. I got those from TubeDude when I was a young whipersnapper.
[signature]
Hi tubeN2,

You said it. Familiarity breeds confidence! If figure I can catch a fish that is way over what the tackle was meant to handle simply because I know how to use it!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]That is an excellent point. Knowing your tackle, and how to use it, is far more important than how much it cost or what other people think of it.

Hey, JR, I am sure you have seen lotsa folks on the boats who have all the best tackle, but not a clue as to how to use it. If they are lucky enough to get bit, they are likely to farm the fish and/or end up with the mother of all bird nests.

On the other hand, the guy with the ancient (but well cared for) gear is bent solid all day and usually wins the jackpot.

I have read, and personally believe, that being able to fish with confidence...and not having to concentrate on unfamiliar tackle or lures...is a big factor in fishing success. And, as you pointed out, knowing what your gear can take and how to keep it properly adjusted makes a big difference in bringing a big fish to the boat...or merely having another fish story at the end of the day.

And, by the way, tubeN2, I still have some old Mitchells my own self. Most of them have the gears worn out, but they still have a spot in my hall of good memories. And, the only reason I handed off a lot of my equipment to you and Mike was to justify getting some new Daiwas and Shimanos. I guess what goes around, comes around.
[signature]
[cool] Hey TubeDad,

Its is strange how that happens. Let me know if you have any spare handles floating around. Somehow one of the handles got broken from one of my 402s. See what you can dig up if you can. Thanks.
[signature]
[cool]That's the big one, right? No got. Check with some pawn shops and swap meets. Those are sometimes good places to find the old stuff. Either that or go out on a pier and mug some old man who has what you are looking for.

Wait a minute. That's not very good fatherly advice.

Have you done the online search for either a whole reel, to cannibalize for parts...or a source of parts. There's gotta be something. Right, JR?
[signature]
GOT A PIC OF IT ?
[signature]

Hi there TubeDude,

As usual, you brought up an interesting thought aside from answering an inquiry. Conventional or baitcasting reels have all these third party handles known as power handles, etc. But spinning reels, hummmmm I haven't heard of replacment handles except.........

There just happens to be an interesting site where you can look for spare parts to your little ol' hearts content.
It's [url "http://www.cantufind.com"]www.cantufind.com[/url] , a website BFT advertises on!!
On the home page you'll find the sport catagory, which will contain the term fishing. click on fishing to get a whole bunch of fishing tackle parts dealers' links. Maybe this will help our friends.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Hey, JR, I touched up your post and made that a link. Looks like a good resource. Haven't taken the time to explore it yet, but it should steal some of my time soon.
[signature]
[cool] Hey JR,

I've exhausted my search of personal goodies and came up short on your ABU. Although I did find a couple of PENN Baitmaster 500s. Sorry about that and good luck with your search.
[signature]

Hi TubeDude,

Thank you for the help. I am so frustrated on trying to get such a simple thing as getting a link to show up in my post. This is just so dumb!! I've done www then the http://www then the whole thing WITH the one SPACE BAR immediately after the dot whatever. Then I tried putting the text in the Windows 98 notepad (you can usually force stuff into an email going thru that) still no go. If I use MS hotmail there seems to be no problem but I usually use AOL thus blah blah.

I know there is a place to go for this help here at BFT but it's my system that's messed up so.... I can use Japanese, Chinese script and English in the same document and emails but I can't do this one thing! If I ever stumble on the right combination, you'll be the first to know!!!!!

Back to subject...

Like you, I'm going to start to really make an effort to do more exploring on just what is on our site.

Again, thank you my friend,

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Hey mi hijo, here's a link for you on parts: [url "http://www.aivazfamily.com/reels.htm"]http://www.aivazfamily.com/reels.htm[/url]

If you put "Garcia Mitchell 402" in a search engine, you will find a few more sites with info and parts available.
[signature]