Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Nile
Most of you have probably already heard that Uintah, Emery, Carbon & Utah Counties have tested positive for the virus. An article in this mornings paper listed precautions advised by the Utah Dept of Health. They Are:
#1 To protect from dusk to dawn. That is when the mosquitoes that carry the virus are most active, so take precautions to prevent mosquito bites. Use repellent with DEET. #2Wear light-colored, long pants and long sleeved shirts. Use mosquito netting when sleeping outdoors or in an unscreened structure and to protect small babies anytime. #3Around homes and property, eliminate places for mosquitoes to reproduce: Eliminate standing water sources, such as in old tires, cans wheelbarrows, etc... The article also said we shouldn't panic just be cautious. Most of this sounds like common sense but I think we should all play it safe even if the risks are slight.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks Bearclaw for the info, the last i'd heard the virus had only been detected in Carbon county but guess I missed the lastest news. WH2
[signature]
chances of getting west nile are very slim only 1 % of sketters are infected and less then 1 % of people bittin will get infected but be on the safe side and spray on the bug spray a long sleeve shirt i believe is a must tubing at willard wednesday night in a short sleeve t-shirt i got chased off by the skeeters because my bug spray got washed off my arms i even have bites between my fingers good fishing and be safe

chris
[signature]
Just learned my daughter in law in Colo. Springs has just contracted west nile. Supposedly a minor case and she'll do fine. Fact - a lot more people than are being reported have contracted west nile!!!!!! Most every minor reaction/case is not being reported!!!!! She knows several friends and acquaintances that have contracted it. Most of them work with horses. There are dead and sick birds all around their area.

Be aware of symptoms. Symptoms - mild fluelike, including fever, body aches, headache and occasional skin rash on trunk of body and swollen lymph. nodes.

[mad][Sad]Leaky
Hey Leaky,

I think I had all those symptoms last sunday morning. About that carrier, do you think she was hanging out at a nightclub in Vernal?. LMAO

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]