Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoggsnatcher, small river, Musky, 9-18-10, cousin
Well i did something ive never done befor. My cousin and i went on a guide trip for musky. I was hoping to get a TARP out of it but really just wanted to catch one.We met the guide at 7 am. and went to a small river a few miles away. A few turkeys flew from the trees as we slid a 14 ft. aluminum boat into the water. After seeing the size of the water i was skeptical. I have never fished for musky. About 25 min. into the trip i got a monster blow up on a huge buzz bait but no hook up. Brain changed wave lenghths now ive got to catch one. A few hours later i get a follow to the boat and no take. We see a few fish but they dont want to bite. Water is crystal clear. Then my cousin hooks one.. a 33" fish. Now i really need one. Ten min. later he smashes a 40". Now hes talkin smack as all i can get is a follow. An hour later i get a 34" and some of the pressure is off. We fished for 9 hrs. cought 3 musky and saw about 20. A great learning and fun trip. Our guide Dwayne was awsome. So heres som pics.