Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubing Foot Wear
[cool]We've had a few discussions recently on what to wear between your feet and your fins, while float tubing. I dug into my "archive" boxes and dredged up a few things from the past...as well as my current choices in tubing foot wear.

Here is a numbered pic of some of the options. The attachment at the bottom isa word document discussing each of the numbered items in the pic. I don't need to take up any more bandwidth than necessary.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9325;]

Hope this helps provide some insight for those who are thinking about buying new or upgrading. Let us know if there are unanswered questions. Also, for the veterans out there, how about sharing any new and wonderful things you have found to address this never-ending concern.
[signature]

Hey TubeDude,

You ain't foolin' me! You almost never show a picture without somehow having a stringer of fish somewhere nearby!! Go ahead and fess up! You caught all those somewhere. I'm so smart I can see you got only the right one of a pair so there must have been a lot of guys in the area called lefty fishin' where you snagged all those puppys!

I wasn't born yesterday ya know!

Oh ya, sent those smelly things to you today! FINALLY!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Ron, you are just too sharp for me. Of course I would never think of accumulating a bunch of unmatched footwear. I had to find a float tubing club that catered to the physically challenged...and then to convince those with only a right leg to allow me to use their footwear for a pic. I explained that I could not pay them, but they did not kick. (Apologies to our physically challenged friends)

I have alerted the local fishies...and the regional biohazards agencies...that I am about to pollute the waters with your generous donation. I will let you know the results...if I am not quarantined.
[signature]
So Nike hightops wouldn't work [cool]
[signature]
[cool]I would go for the Air Jordans. Better floatation.

Hey, anything that will protect your feet and waders...and will still fit in a pair of fins is just fine.

The thing that most float tubers learn soon enough is that you should not use a good pair of athletic shoes that you ever want to use for anything else again. They shrink and harden so that they are not very comfy, and need to be soaked before the next float tubing use to make them pliable enough to work onto your feet.
[signature]