Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yankee Meadows - Archery Hunters?
Ran away on Saturday night to Yankee. After racing to shore 4 times to avoid being struck by lightning in my tube and sitting through a hail storm, I ended up catching a good bunch of fish. I fished the upper end in openings in the moss. I ended up catching 8 trout from 10" to 17" on a light colored cadis fly size 18. Each time after the cloudbursts there was a hatch and the fish went crazy and they hit anything that looked like the hatch, a pale white fly, (that's as good as it gets because I am not an entomologist). The archery hunters provided aditional entertainment as the southern utah bow-hunting method was applied. For those of you that don't know what the requisites for this are: A large lifted truck, lots of camo including face paint, beer, a 20 yard shot at a broadside and semi-tame yearling buck that simply stood there and looked at the hunter as he stumbled into the bed of the truck in order to get a shot, and a 20 minute search for the lost arrow as the deer stood almost mockingly and watched from the edge of the trees. Keep it up and the deer will make a rebound.

MJ
[signature]
thanks for the report, I haven't been there since early may, was wondering how it was going . . .nice going on the dry flies, bet that was some fun! whassup with the moss??? was it crowded?

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
A few bait fisheman on the north end and a couple of guys out in a boat but not nearly as crowded as it has been. I was up there in May too. I bet the water has dropped 20+ feet from it's highest mark this year and there is a moss ring around the whole lake and the south end is all moss for about 100 yards. I hope it doesn't winterkill this year.

MJ
[signature]
yeah i hate that mossy stuff when fishing from the bank, guess ill skip it till next year . . . thanks again

sm
[signature]