Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wax Your Sled
I posted this on the Idaho board but just a thought for future competitions:

I would really enjoy if Utah, Idaho and Wyoming all combined their tournaments for one big multi state ice fishing tournament. Reduce the number of panfish to 2 and then not allow musky or pike as there aren't enough lakes to target them to make it fair to certain BFT members who don't live anywhere near a musky water. But keep macs and hybrids as their are enough lakes for most members to get to these waters with a 2 hour drive. I can only imagine an ice fishing contest with 100 members over three states and being able to count fish from Fish Lake, Strawberry, Flaming Gorge, Henry's Lake, Jackson Lake, PaliSades, Scofield, Bear Lake, etc.

I was considering not entering the Utah competition this year because I enjoy traveling fishing other states waters too much and hate feeling the pressure to focus on Utah waters. Add Idaho and Wyoming waters to list (and maybe Colorado) and we have our selves a very fun and diverse competition. I do think some people cheat (I know they did on another competition on a different site) and others fish 2-4 times per week which is impossible to keep up with, but keeping the prizes smaller (equipment or small gift cards) or to donations to charity in your name, would be best. TO me, it is all about the competition and less about the prizes and I really enjoy seeing the big fish that others catch.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Wax Your Sled - by tlspyder13 - 09-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Re: [tlspyder13] Wax Your Sled - by Jacksonman - 10-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Re: [Jacksonman] Wax Your Sled - by hookngrinin - 10-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Re: [hookngrinin] Wax Your Sled - by Jacksonman - 10-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Re: [Jacksonman] Wax Your Sled - by tlspyder13 - 10-11-2010, 08:56 PM