Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EAST CANYON RES.
fished east canyon today with my father-in-law trolled mostly from the boat ramp to the dam. trolled perch colored flatfish f7's with a dipsy diver my f-i-l caught 6 rainbows largest being 20in and a brownie at 16in. i caught 3 rainbows and bruetis the 26in 6 3/4 lb rainbow man did he dance h cleared the water by a good 3ft 4 or 5 times his gut was full off crawdads. it official the signs are up some dumb ass has put smallies in east canyon. why cant people leave the fish alone
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good time. My girlfriends parents spend most of the summer at east canyon. They've invited me up several times but as usual something always seems to come up, so I've never been there. Yea some ***hole always has to think he's funny by planting fish or other things where they aren't suppose to be. Did you bake, fry or smoke that beaut?
[signature]
he'll be dinner for the whole family on the barbquer he was the only one i keeped
[signature]
Hey Petty,

How deep do those divers take the flat fish? I've always used leaded line at east Canyon and am starting to think it doesn't take it deep enough. I was there last month and saw tons of fish on the finder (by the Dam) in over 80ft of water. By the way, congrats on the nice catch. A fish that big would certainly make me Smile...[Smile]
[signature]
Hey Petty4life,

How was the parisite population on the fish?? - last year they were bad and I did catch some nice bows but would even bring-um in the boat because of all the paristes on the fish.

Sure some guys would say that they are O.K. to eat - they are just between the skin and the meat. Not Me - no way would I even consider keeping these fish.

Just my 2 cents.....
[signature]
I've got some killer smoking recipies if you interested. Bought a water smoker cookbook from Cabelas and it got some great marinades and ideas.
[signature]
hey alan im now thinking of smoking it a good recipe would be great
[signature]
the parasites whernt to bad but the only reason im not having him mounted is because of the parasites i took some pictures and im going to have one made of wood
[signature]
Way to go Petty, that is a good size bow for East canyon and a brown too, sounds like a good day. I love catching those bows because they jump so much. I'm surprised there hasn't been smallies in there for years because close to 10 years ago we caught crappie there. WH2
[signature]
Sounds like a good day. We have caught smallies out of there this year, and we have seen crappie floating in the water there also.The smallies we caught weren't real big but give them time they will grow.
[signature]