Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launching tube or pontoon around Weapons Station
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Anaheim bay/Naval Weapons Station [/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_edit;post=62417"]Edit[/url] | [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_reply_write;quote=1;parent_post_id=62417"]Quote[/url] | [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_reply_write;parent_post_id=62417"]Reply[/url] [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1] Anyone know where you could launch your tube or pontoon down around the Naval Weapons station to get int he bay?

You used to be able to drive down to the water by the PCH bridge but the Navy kicks you out now. My friend went down today and they kicked him out [unsure]

I am going tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated. [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][size 4]Hey fishfather,[/size]

[size 4]Just type into GOOGLE "Anaheim bay/Naval Weapons Station " and you will get the answer that you are not looking for. That whole area is off limits and has been I believe ever since 9/11.[/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=454;]
[signature]
You cannot anchor or actually be in the area of the Naval Station where the Navy Ships anchor or to fish within so many feet of the entrance but you can fish on the opposite on the Anaheim Bay bridge you just cannot linger on the shore. That is where I would launch from! [mad]

Sucks. Thanks for the info. I will read the article
[signature]
the guys on baytubers.com should be able to help you with lauching and fishing the area since a couple of the guys fish that area often.
[signature]
[Tongue]Hey Guys,

Exactly where the heck is the Anaheim Bay Bridge located? I can't seem to locate it on my map. Lost in Yorba Linda![Tongue]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=455;]
[signature]
don't feel too bad , try this one on .

i was born in turkey , dad ( michigan born )was in the u.s.airforce , mom ( maine born ) went over to stay with him , that's when i came to be . i was born at the u.s. base hospital . a couple months later back to the good old u.s.a. before my belly button fell off . i've been here ever since , as american as yankee dootle dandy and uncle sam themselves !

i got pulled over by one of our fine state troopers on the way to do some steelhead fishing very early in the morning , i wasen't speeding or anything , just plain old driving . this was just after 9-11 .

after taking my licence to the car , he came back , asked where i was going ( to the dam by the way ) what my plans were there , searched my car ( you are handcuffed during this procedure here in our state ), and wanted to know " how long i planed on staying in this country ".

my mother's side of the family actually is tracable back to the mayflower . my dad's side as far back as before the covered wagons went west . my ancisters have fought in every military action that the U.S.of A . has sent them to . some never returned .

how long do i plan on staying in this country ?

my reply to him was not printable on this forum .i would have loved to have given him a knuckle sandwitch , but i understood why he acted that way .

9-11 made us a whole new country that day , sacrifices were made , not by choise . we can still choose to try another spot to fish . i'm pretty thankfull for that . it looks like your fishing spot has been sacrifised for the good of the country as well . seems like a small price , huh ?
[signature]
See where the #1 is on the yellow line crossing the water? That is the entrance to the bay and also the Naval Weapons Station. On the other side of that is a great little bay with lots of sand bass and halibut when there biting. Very sandy and lots of sea grass
[signature]

Hi there lonehunter,

A small price to pay indeed, for now. You see that is not the only spot that is targeted for 100% no access. There are hundreds along the beach. bridges, canals, open areas, anywhere! Anything can be a security risk, a jetty, a public beach, any part of a harbor, parks, a simple signature is all that's needed to put up fences, impose fines for anyone no matter what their activity.

I'm very lucky as I enjoyed reasonable freedom in my youth and middle age. Getting older, I say no problem guys. I'm not interested in fishing on the public beach at the dangerous time of 10PM anyway. ha ha I hope you guys aren't either! Next, it'll be sunset, then............

Example: Cabrillo Beach (WAS nice tubing spot!)

JapanRon
[signature]
Cabrillo still gets some nice fish out of there but the area is not to good. My friend used to fish over there and had his truck broke into twice. Another time he was challenged by some hispanic males who wanted his fish. Weird!
[signature]
as soon as i saw the map i knew exactally where you guys were talking about , i was over there about 13 years ago .
[signature]
I have consistantly done well there. Better during summer of course but even in winter I would still hit Halibut and Bass.

It's a great area. But as I mentioned in other postings California Enviromental Groups are working to take all the good fishing areas away.

To those groups I say stick a anchovie right in your bass! [shocked]
[signature]
I WAS DOING THE TOURIST THING WHILE I WAS DOWN THERE . DIDN'T GET TO WET A LINE . BUT I HAVE HAD MY RUN - INS WITH THE SAME KIND OF GROUPS AS WELL . JUST BAND TOGETHER WITH YOUR FELLOW SPORTSMEN AND FIGHT THE FIGHT . DON'T TAKE ANY BULL FROM THEM , PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS !

AFTER THAT AUTO DESTRUCTION THERE IN CALIFORNIA YOU SPORTSMEN HAVE A PRIME OPERTUNITY TO PUT OUT THE MESSAGE THAT THESE GROUPS ARE SYCO- LOONIES . USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE AND SWING THE POPULAR OPINION OVER TO THE SPORTSMANS WAY OF THINKING . WE ARE MORE RESPONSIBLE THAN THESE FRINGE GROUPS , WE ACTULY CARE FOR THE OUTDOORS , WE CLEAN , WE SET GOOD EXAMPLES FOR THE YOUTH OF THE COMUNITY , WE HELP OTHERS WHEN NEEDED .

PUT THE WORD OUT IN YOUR AREA , THE TIME MAY NEVER BE BETTER !
[signature]
In the past I have parked down by Surf taco and hiked back to the bridge.

I still love to launch off of mothers beach.
[signature]
I went today and parked on the dirt next to Simple Green. I talked to the Navy and they said you cannot park or loiter down below on the beach area. But they do not care if you park at the top and launch a tube or kayak [cool]

So I did. Caught 3, 14 inch halibuts..Threw them back of course but still had fun with them[Smile]
[signature]
[cool]Score one for determination and followup. At least you know the legalities and the access points.

Even short halibut can be a lot of fun on light gear. They are always a challenge and keep you sharp for the occasional legal.

What were you throwing? Bait or lures?
[signature]

Hi there Fishfather,

Way to Go. In my experience, you can do that on weekdays unless they're doing one of their sweeps. The Seal Beach police get into the act too! They do two kinds of sweeps 1) A few consecutive week days 2) On almost all week-ends. They ticket any car on the dirt apron from simple green south and where some people park cars down by the bridge throughway. Try starting from the launch ramp that's at the end of Edinger sometime. Going inside the marina is a sleeper that is fun.

There is even a secret little public park over that way that has water, a restroom, and a very shallow, wide launch area.

JapanRon
[signature]
Edinger? Is that off PCH? Yeah I know people who have been ticketed for being on the dirt. I lucked out everytime I have gone. I was tossing plastics and strips of squid.

So if you were driving south on PCH towards Edinger how much farther is it? I would prefer to do that rather than rolling the dice everytime
[signature]
[cool]Hey fishfather,

If you look at the map that I posted above, Edinger Ave is located just above the name of Huntington Beach.
[signature]
Dope. I caught that after I sent the e-mail. Now I just need to find my way over there. I have a Thomas Guide [Wink]

That place JapanRon was talking about sounds perfect..I will look around for it when I go out next.
[signature]