Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast cats at bountiful pond
[Smile]Went to bountiful pond to kill some time last night. Got there about 1 am and fished for an hour with not even a bite. I was using a crawler 2 feet under a bobber. I decided to go off the bottom. I couldnt even get my soda open before my bobber i used as an indicator slammed against my rod.[cool] Got the fish to the edge of the dock. I was fishing off the first dock. And began to lift him up and he came off.[Sad] Tryed again. !0 minutes later another slam. A nice 4 pound channel. 15 minutes later a 1 1/2 pound channel. Another 15 minutes another 4 pound channel. Then I waited for about an hour with a ton of hits but no sets. Then I decided its time to go soon and started packing my things up and a big slam again. This one I had to tire out and walk him to the bank because there was no way I could get himn over the railing. It was a nice 8 lb. channel cat. Had a lot of fun.[Wink]
[signature]
Sounds like you had a blast. Did you see my post that I caughted a cat fish on the fly rod out at willard. I might see if I can do the same thing down there at bountiful pond. I heard that the bugs can get bad down there too. How were they

Trent
[signature]
where is the bountiful pond exactly?
[signature]
Unless there are two Bountiful ponds, it is right be the freeway in Bountiful. Drive north on I-15 until you get to bountiful, if you drive past the first exit you will see the ponds on the right, they have been working on the ponds for a year or more and last I heard the pond on the south end had not filled but that could have changed. WH2
[signature]
Location: In Bountiful on I-15, take the 400 north exit (Hwy 131) west,
turn north on 800 west,turn west on pages lane (appr. 1600 north).
Follow pages lane to Pond.
[signature]
Wiperhunter2's directions are to the Kaysville ponds -- which are not the same as the Bountiful Lake.
[signature]
Ops sorry, I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about but Kaysville is close to Bountiful, right? Thanks Frozen fish for the right directions. WH2
[signature]
The bugs really werent to bad. I think it ended up getting a little to cold for them. I did though get a couple of mosquito bites even though I had a ton of repelant on.
[signature]