Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon HELP!!!
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I have to be the most pathetic fisherman alive. I went to East Canyon this morning and could not catch a fish to save my life. There were people catching them all around me but I must just smell bad or something. I did better before I bought my boat and fished from the shore with a worm and a marshmallow. Any suggestions would be appreciated.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Try fishing deep. I like to fish the east shoreline about 30ft deep in about 40ft of water. I use downriggers and sometimes leaded line. Flatfish and tail dancer rapalas both in rainbow colors work well for me. If all else fails through on some popgear and a worm it is foolproof. If you don't have the means to troll deep go really early or wait until the water cools down a bit.

Cableguy
[signature]
Cableguy is right either go early or wait for the water to cool. We do good fishing the south end of the lake on the west shore using triple teasers. Lead core will help later in the day but we also use bullets weights to get the lure down a few extra feet in the morning. It's just like anything else, you have to learn how to do it, the more you fish in your boat the better you will get, there are times that no one can catch a fish. WH2
[signature]
what were you fishing with Wana?

Trent
[signature]