Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tubers Poem
[size 2]Joe C Original

I launch into the incoming tide to start my daily ride. Hat is on poles at the ready and my course is true and steady. [/size]

[size 2]I cast out my first line with a little plastic in hopes the days fishing will be fantastic. [/size]

[size 2]I throw a wave to my follow tubers as I get my first strike hopefully a keeper.[/size][size 1]

[/size][size 2]I reel it in and slide it into my net as I cast my line into the sea grass. [/size]

[size 2]Tide is leaving now, time to head in, another sucessful day at float tubing.[/size][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
[cool]Well done, Son. Here's one I wrote many years ago, after a jaunt to a pre-iceup lake. [font "Comic Sans MS"][size 5]A DAY IN A DONUT [/size]By TubeDude[/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]At O-dark thirty my alarm clock rings, and I tumble out of bed.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I can only hope I got all my things, as I stop to pick up Fred.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Float tubes, waders, fins and tackle are crammed aboard in disarray.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We even brought some garden hackle. It's gonna be a donut day.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]It's getting light when we hit the lake...the perfect time to start.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Anticipation makes us shake. Be still my beating heart.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We're loaded down and dressed to kill. We got a year's supply of gear.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We look like an ethnic fire drill, but laughter we don't fear.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Our launch is clean, without a hitch. The sun begins to peek.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]It's a beautiful morning...and summab#%ch! My waders' got a leak.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]That water's cold...a real bummer! My grimace ain't a grin.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I'm gritting my teeth as my legs gets numb-er, but I ain't goin' in.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]At least the fish cooperate. The action helps somewhat.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I hope they don't have to operate, as the frostbite hits my butt.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]The sun climbs higher in the sky, and the fishing starts to slow.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]My bladder's so full I'm about to die. I really gotta go.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]So, we hit the shore for a little while. It seems the thing to do.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]As I drain my tank I start to Smile...I can feel my legs again too.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We take the time to rest and eat, and build ourselves a fire.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I smoke my clothes, patch my waders' seat, then launch a little drier.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We flog away all afternoon...heeding not the passing time.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We don't give up until the moon bathes all in its light sublime.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We change our clothes and pack the car, with our wet and gritty stuff.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]It seems there's now much more by far...and not quite room enough.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We have heavy jaws and blood-shot eyes, And a long drive to yet endure.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Getting home is an exercise. We've over-funned for sure.[/font][/size]
[signature]
I like it [cool]
[signature]
[size 2]Sitting in a donut in the bay, watching the tide roll away..Now I am in China!! Someone send me friggin plane fare! [/size][cool]
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool][cool][cool] Hey TubeDad,

I think that's one of your best so far. Good job. You really make me proud to be your son.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks, youngun. I wouldn't dare put up some of the other stuff...like Kirkie????

Are you and Sean gettin' in any fishing?
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool]Any fishing? My God, I created a fishing monster. After our Bishop trip he doesn't let a day go by that we don't fish. He is still out of school until next week so he has mom drop him off early in the morning on her way to work and plays around in a couple of lakes close by. I'm glad that he properly learned catch and release like a good sportsman. Otherwise we would be on our 3rd or 4th freezer full of fish by now. There is a small public lake close by where he is pulling out some decent size blue gill and some 10 to 14 inch Tilapias. I am still trying to hone his patience level for catfishing but I will wait till he has his tube for that. hee hee. I told him no blue gill under 1.5 lbs and no tilapia under 16in. He says no problem dad. Just give me a few more days in this lil hole and we'll find them suckers somewhere.

But in answer to your question about fishing, I guess you can say that we are fishing about 8 days a week. ( we started a day earlier) We are scheduled to go to Castaic for their last day that they will be open on Sunday. Still want to get that record LMB that was released there a few years back in 91'. It will be our last chance at that 8 million dollar reward that the state of CA has for beating a previous record by at least 2oz.
[signature]
[cool]That DOES make me believe in heredity.

I remember lots of fishing trips in the past, where I would sit in the car, motor running, lights on in the darkness...hearing a voice in the night saying "One more cast, Dad",

Once we get him tricked out in his new tube, you are really going to have to put up with a lot. And, you will have a lot more gear to take to the ponds and bring home all wet and smelly too.

The real upside of all this is that it is going to be a good excuse for tubeN2 to get in some more fishing too. Got to train my grandson right. Right?
[signature]
[cool] Training him right is all I can do for now. We have been going to the early morning bites then I come home to go to work. Then he cons his mother into dropping him off again for a few more hours. Then we go again after his football practice. I'm sure you remember football( they look like mini pontoons) hee hee. He got bumped up to the Varsity team and loves it because he is allowed to leave earlier than the others. Haaaaaaaaaaaa plenty of daylight for the the late afternoon bite. Works out just fine.
[signature]