Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey 8-28 (report)
Myself, Petty4Life, and Aquaman hit Causey this morning. We trolled back to the inlets to see if the cutts and bows were up eating Koke eggs. The Kokes haven't started to move upstream just yet, but they are bright red, and I believe they will start spawning very soon. We landed 1 Koke, 2 cutts, and 3 bows. The Koke was a male, about 15 inches, and bright red. The trout were all 12" and less. We caught fish on a variety of lures and baits today. Nothing of note worked any better than another. All fish were released today. It wasn't the quickest fishing day on the water, but it was a fun trip. Speaking of the water, Causey is down probably 60 feet (maybe more). Thanks Petty4Life and Aquaman for the great company.
[signature]
dont forget about the crawdad i caught trolling. he was good sized
[signature]
Man I wish I could have gone![mad]
[signature]

sounds like a ways to carry a boat,you men have more energy than I do.
have you ever tried still fishing by the center inlet just were the water flows in? I used to go through 2 jars of Pautzkis in a couple hours. WOOHOO!!! it was fun
[signature]
It was a long ways to carry the boat.[Wink] I tried eggs, and landed one fish, and missed a couple of hits, but it wasn't fast action. I suspect that when the Kokes are spawning, eggs will be fast and furious.
[signature]
long way to carry a boat to say the least i'm still hurting three days later !!!

chris
[signature]
me too i'll wait to go back when its full again
[signature]