Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pineview (report)
Finally my six straight skunkings have come to an end. My Nephew and I fished pineview this evening from 6:30pm-8:30pm. We landed a 38" muskie in the first half hour we were there. Caught him on a #9 brown trout trolled behind a side planner. It was the first time I have caught a muskie using a side planner and the first time using a lure that small.

Never took the muskie out of the water and barely had him hooked which made for an easy release and the muskie left in a hurry and will be able to fight another battle another day.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Mike,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Good to hear the drought is over. I would have to guess that your catch might be a sign that the tigers will soon start getting a little more active.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Love those tigers......[/size][/font]
[signature]
Congratulations Mike,

Now you can start a string of successful trips.
[signature]
Good to hear you got into one . You mention the side planer and we never tried it last weekend . I have seen people use them there before . Congrats again .
[signature]
Congrats on the muskie.
[signature]
Good job on the olde tigre muskie hookup. Reset the cast count to zero and time to get 'em again.
[signature]
Glad to hear it Mike!

Did you fish the narrows at all? I was there last night also in the narrows on the south side Smallie fishing from shorefrom 5:00 to dark. It would have been a pleasant surprise to see you trolling by[Smile]. There were a bunch of muskie hunters trolling around in the narrows, more than I've seen before. I guess they are anticipating the fall bite. I did see a muskie finning the surface for a while. His body was at least 3 feet long and he left a huge wake. When he got close enough I cast a rattle trap and it just spooked him[Sad] he submerged quickly.

There was also a float tuber on the North side I'm wondering if that was anyone from the forum.

Al
[signature]
Hustler, I trolled along the south side of the narrows just as it was getting dark. I must of just missed you.

HA69 I had tried the side planner a couple of other times with no luck and never gave it much thought when we went last weekend. I guess we should use all of our weapons all of the time.
[signature]
We gave it good old try anyways . I know I went and tried many different lures and I racked up 16 hours of fishing that day . My time is coming and like Kentofnsl said "[size 1]I have heard that great things come to those who wait -- but how long do we have to wait? " . I'm still waiting . LOL Heck, I ended up going up there monday night for a couple hours and got skunked again . But hey , I not complaining one bit . I have had many great days fishing this year for other species . [/size] Thinking about going tonight before the boats get up . Sleep or fish , which will it be ? LOL
[signature]
How were the launching conditions? is the ramp still pretty far in the water?

Cableguy
[signature]
The port ramp is still in the water and there is no problem launching. Anderson cove ramp is closed and I am not sure about the cemetery point ramp. They are still letting alot of water out and the water level is dropping fast. I noticed a decline in water skiers and PWC lets hope after this weekend there will be less traffic up there.
[signature]
MGB
Congrats on your tiger,have been out three times with no luck,this gives me some hope I might get one this year.
[signature]

It is nice to hear a tiger story again,it has been sometime since I have heard success.
2 or 3 years ago I was selling alot of size 7 jointed rapalas to trollers at Pineview trolling close to shore. Looks as though history repeats itself(going small).
[signature]
when we were driving down from causey past pineview i noticed boats launching at cemetery point

chris
[signature]