Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
causey..
today me and my 5 year old son and his cousin. and a buddy and his son went up to causey today. My son says dad i think i have one. so i check his line. Man a snag. so i get it unstuck. He reels it in and he caught a 3 or 4 inch sculpin. um what an odd catch. been fishing up there for a very long time. never seen one caught. boy he was happy. he wanted to show is mom. so that goes in the bucket. the fishing was slow. So we move alot closer to the dam and 5 to 10 feet deep. my buddy son. Hey dad i caught one. he reels in a very nice 16 inch Tiger Trout. Right on. A few minutes later my little nephew first time fishing. says there is something wrong with my fishing pole. I look over it is bending over. reel your line in buddy you got a fish. we get the fish up. 15 inch Tiger. so me and my buddy caught a sun burn.. has long has the kids had fun. that is all that matters. the wind came up the kids got cold so we left. got everyone in the car. my buddy says hey look up on the hill. couldnt see anything. it went behind the only pinetree. got a little closer. A very nice Bull Elk.. So a very awesome and fun day...[Smile]
[signature]
Hmm I've never saw a sculpin caught at causey either. A few years ago I did catch one in the Ogden river. Had no idea what it was when I got it
[signature]
First i thought it was a borbut. If that is how you spell it. same pattern and tail and a fat head..
[signature]
That's awesome, and Funny the the youngsters were doing all the catching thanks for sharing
[signature]
How was the ice, last i had heard the edges were a bit sketchy. Nice tigers, and i really do hate those ugly sculpin.
[signature]
just use the plank you be fine. kind of odd. the edges are usually good by know.
[signature]
I probably won't make it till later in the week so maybe with the colder night temps they will refreeze. thanks
[fishin]
[signature]
Interesting catch. You should've killed it and put it on your hook. Sculpin get munched!

Glad the kids did well.
[signature]
I wanted to use it for bait. But my 5 year son had to show is mommy. he was so proud of is fish. I couldn't do that to him. If i would have caught it. it would have been bait. to catch me a big ol' brown or maybe a big tiger...
[signature]
I definitely would have killed it and put it down on a jig head!! That's brown candy there! !!! And there are monsters in there for sure! Splake too; )
[signature]
I catch those sculpin all the time. At least one a day if not more. Also have caught a few crawdads haha
[signature]
yes there are some monster browns in there. it has been a long time since i have seen a splake out of there. but that sculpin would have been a very nice snack for them..
[signature]
Could have caught some like the ones I have out of there. Here's some pics...
[signature]
Nice Tigers... when did you harvest those brutes?
[signature]
First pic is from last year and second pic is from decemeber
[signature]
WoW. know you are just rubbing it in.. very nice tigers. the first one would be on my wall.. did you use sculpins? or what did you use? I have nothing else to say... rock on.
[signature]
I actually released both of them. I would rather see them live another day then to be put on my wall. I caught both of them on rat finkees tipped with worm. I've tried sculpins, got lots of hits but no hook sets
[signature]
Just curious, did the second fish survive after you burried your finger in his gills? Smile
[signature]
that is how we caught are 2 tigers rat finky and a whole worm
[signature]
My fingers were just under its gillplate, not in its gills
[signature]