Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Wed.
On the ice at 7:30 started off slow. Bites or rather licks started to come. The fish up there just like to play with your line, I guess they know how to lick around the hook. The first fish was landed about 9:00. About 11:00 we were thinking of going home, but landed a couple more fish. We began the morning with standard jigs and mealies. Then tried an ice fly with a white gitzit and 1/3 of a worm.
Between 11:00 and 2:00 we were able to land 10 more fish. Stayed untill 3:00. Great day fishing lots of sun and NO Wind [Smile]

[inline "Garn stringer 2.jpg"]
[signature]
Nice catch, thanks for the report im thinkin of hittin Rockport Saturday. I had the same situatuion last sunday at EC. Not a bite all morning then light up around noon til 2. Sometimes it pays to just hang out and take in the sun to end up catchin some fish.
[signature]
Just a reminder that this Saturday is the fishing derby at Rockport. There will be 200 registered fishermen there for that alone. If you're not a part of that, it might be a good day to fish somewhere else. Just my opinion.
[signature]
Good advice however, for those entered in the tournament good luck!! Unfortunately I will not be joining you but a couple of guys that I work with took the day off today to head up there. After I get a report from them tomorrow, I will post how it went and hopefully give out a secret or two for the entrants. Again good luck and have fun.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up on the derby, i spaced that it was this saturday. I believe I will head else where, I like to party but not when im trying to fish.
[signature]