Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Report 8/31
Hit strawberry for the first time this year,was on the water by 7:00AM and started off in chicken creek trolled for an hour with an FST spoon and had a fish break my ten pound leader,it was a nice fish but dont know if the leader had a nick or what,put on another one and trolled for another two hours with no bites,so we moved out in the lake in 30 ft of water and started marking fish near the bottom,we put on white jigs and fished vertical,as soon as we hit the bottom we started getting bites,after about three misses caught a 16" bow,we fished for another half hour and missed another ten hits,I noticed fish swirling on top around us and thru the jig towards one of the swirl and bam a nice cutt that measured 22 1/2 inchs,decided it was to close and realeased it to fight another day,thru the jig at a few more fish with no fish,and the bottom bite fell off,we went down to haws piont,then to renegade bay at the entrance to the narrows just south of it,and started marking fish in 15 to 30 ft of water and tried jiging then trolling pop gear and a worm,caught 5 small rainbows on the pop gear,3 on the white jig,we decided to bait fish,my buddy tried a worm and marshmellow,I tried orange power bait,as soon as I hit bottom a fish hit,19" cutt hooked in the lip and was realeased,he caught two small rainbows that he realesed,we caught wind of someone by the ladders doing well,so we headed there,we didn't get a bite,for hours,so we went back to chicken creek and bait fished tell 7:00PM with know more fish.

Water temp,63 in the morning,67 when we left.

water is pretty green but not as bad as I have seen it,clumps of sea weed floating everywhere and made trolling tough.

Tight Lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]