Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry (Soldier Creek
Went to Strawberry and decided try out the Soldier Creek side. We trolled with frog colored flatfish and could'nt keep them off. We caught and released 18 fish between the 3 of us. Some of them were surprisingly small, did catch a few nice 20"ers though. We tried to drift with powerbait to catch some rainbows, but only hooked a 2 small ones even though we were picking up lots of fish on the finder. The weather was great and there were only a few boats on the lake. All in all a great day.
[signature]
Thanks for the report I think frog flatfish is always one of the best choices for trolling there. I hope to get up there later in the month. It seems like there have been lots of reports of unusually small fish this year. I wonder if they put more fish in this year.

Cableguy
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Next time I am up there will have to try trolling some flatfish. As for drift fishing on the soldier creek side we have always done better with night crawlers than power bait for bows of any decent size at all.The power bait seems to get a few planters but nothing over 8 inches. The last couple of times we have been using a slip bubble with a night crawler and tipped with a [size 1]miniature[/size] [size 1]marshmallow[/size]. Fishing in about 20-30 feet of water(after marking fish on the finder) and have done well caught all size of bows and even a few cuts in the process. Thanks again for the report(and making those of us who had to work [size 1]jealous [Wink][/size]) and glad you had a great day.

Just my 2 cents about my [size 1]experience [/size]up there.
[signature]
The last report I got about stocking Strawberry was 1 million rainbows. That's a major increase from 500,000 fingerlings, which was increased because of the new regs for cuts. I'm sure with the drought they could get more fish that were suppose to be stocked into other water but it could be the opposite with the low water conditions at most hatcheries which make it so they can't successfully raise as many fish.
[signature]