Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
snake at burley
Is the river fishable at burley,Im tired of ice fishing
[signature]
No ice as of this afternoon but there was some small sheets floating down first thing morning. look for places where water and drain ditches enter the river. below minadoka dam should be picking up pretty good the end of the month
[signature]
I fished under the dam this weekend with no success. I'm new to the area so this was my first time out. Any tips on how to fish that stretch of the river?
[signature]
Drift a worm on a bottom rig with about 18 inches of leader the best bait is fresh minnows or strips of sucker meat. right below bishops hole is good ( thats on the south side) or right up below the parking lot on the north side of the dam, also the slack water just down stream from the bridge. orange powerbait also produces fish. if you know where Jackson bridge use to be there is a hole about 50 foot up stream on the east side that is good in the spring
[signature]
pardon my naivete- I grew up in Burley, and leaned to fish by pitching worms for carp in front of Tom's Marina. I have a hunch that ain't what y'all are talking about. I'm guessing the the dam you're taliking about is Minidoka?

I'll be visiting my mom there this spring and would love to take my kids out where some fish are- couls someone pm me how to access the area you're talking about?

dg
[signature]
Jackson bridge map

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=o...CBcQnwIwAA

Minidoka dam

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=o...CBcQnwIwAA

You can click on get directions from your current location up in the left corner or the page.
bishops hole is on the south side of the dam. when going down the 300 north road on the map turn left about 1 block after you leave the pavement and it turns to gravel. follow the road down to the end. pretty good fishing there but its also hit and miss. there is also a restroom with handicap access.

this is where you turn left

[Image: damrecon001.jpg]

this is bishops hole in low water

[Image: damrecon002.jpg]

[Image: damrecon003.jpg]

bishops hole when viewing form north side of the river on the 300 north lane road

[Image: damrecon005.jpg]

North side of the dam right outside the gate to go into the compound. the slack water can hold some good fish upstream when the old power house turbine is shut off

[Image: damrecon010.jpg]

Hope this helps let me know if you need something else
[signature]
thank you very much!!!
[signature]
You guys are very welcome good luck and post pics of your catches [cool]
[signature]