Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Feb 9th
Headed up to East Canyon with 2 friends today. Left Riverdale about 615am and were fishing about 715. I had never hit the boat ramp area so we figured we'd give it a whirl. Parking was 7 bucks for the winter...not too bad.

We weant down the ramp and headed towards the dam to a point about 500 yards west of the ramp. Drilled holes at 9, 10, 24 ft. Caught 3 right away at the 24ft hole so drilled a few more and set up camp.

The 3 of us had a blast. Darn near non-stop action all day. We landed a good 40 by the time we left around 3pm with loads of missed bites and losses at the hole in between. I'd say 70% were little 12-13inchers. Had a half dozen that weant 15-16inches and a few more that were in the 8-9inch range.

I'd tell ya what we caught em all on but the makers of gizzy bugs and ratsos--specifically in glow tipped with wax worms--don't pay me for word of mouth advertising!
[signature]
Nice work man! Good to see you had a little better luck than you did yesterday.
[signature]
thanks for the update, Im headed there tomorrow. Ill give a report when Im all done. It seems like at most lakes the trout are coming in from 10-15 feet suspension under the ice, did you find it about the same with your trip?
[signature]
No, I would say almost all of the fish we caught were within 1-2 feet of the bottom. We did have an occaisonal suspended fish that would mozy on by tho.
[signature]