Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lost creek res
arrived at 7:45 this am walked around till i found a spot to try, drilled my two holes cleaned them out and dropped to the bottom reeling up a couple turns and went to get the other pole situated, looked at the pole i just set and it was bouncing around first fish 12 inch cutt. after all said and done fished until 9:30 catching 4 cutts and missing several others. None were over 12 inches, i'm guessing one i lost was a little bigger as it was ripping drag pretty good.

I have decided this reservoir requires further familiarization once open water hits.
Does anyone know what other species are in there other than cutts a bows?
[fishon]
[signature]
Good job on some action up there!

I agree with you about needing to just get familiar with that reservoir. I did get a chance to read the new proclamation and Lost Creek is like Causey, no wakes. But with a boat launch that's just perfect to get out and fish and not ever have to worry about skiers or PWC rippin by. Definitley gonna be a spot to hit on soft water this summer!
[signature]
saw a sign posted at the entrance of the dam that said entire reservoir is wakeless.
[signature]
Yes Lost Creek is wakeless which makes it perfect for us who like to tube.[cool] Haven't been there in years but I do know they have bows and cutts.
[signature]
yes there is cutts and bows but there is a few browns and tiger trout in there also.
[signature]
I took my 1 man toon there last summer.. Its been MANY yrs. sense ive fished the lake.. I fished the south arm for 7 hrs. or so.. I only landed 2 chubs..[pirate] All the anglers i talked to fishing from shore were doing well for 12 to 15 inch bows.. They were using power bait & worms.. I was throwing flies.. I'll be back there this summer.. lost creek 1.. F4TH 0
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
I was up there with a buddy and spent the day trolling without a bite using popgear and a worm harness. I finally got fed up and pulled out the fly rod with sinking line and a woolly bugger. I got hits right away and couldn't keep them off the line.[cool]
[signature]
So from what I have found there are cutts, bows, browns, and chub. Cutts and bows being the more plentiful fish. Is this rite or have i found bad info.
[fishon]
[signature]
It all sounds about right. Not surprised that tigers are in there for the DWR are putting them everywhere.
[signature]
I was wondering if anyone knows the road conditions up there. Is it clear enough for a car to make it to the dam?
[signature]
You'd be able to get a car up there plenty easy...I was up there Tuesday. The roads, in a few areas, had an inch or two of snow but a lot had melted as we headed out. With no snow since and warmer weather, I wouldn't hesitate to take a car up.
[signature]
I drive a subaru and had no problems getting there, the road was bare until i got about a half mile from the dam then it was dusted with snow and icy.
[fishon]
[signature]