Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Fishing?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 4]Hello! I am Chad and my wife and I are new to the area. I just got my fishing boat out here recently. I am so excited to go out and fish Lake Mead. I have never fished a clear water lake beofre and have not the slightest clue as how to fish this lake. I was wondering if yall could give a fellow fisherman a little advice as to tackle type and colors and maybe a few spots to check out. Thanks a lot. Look forward to chatting and sharing my stories with everyone. Thanks again[/size][/blue][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 4]Chad[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
good to have you here Hawghunter2003 ! Congrats on your new boat . .

You usually hear about lake mead striper fishing, although theres a lot of other warm water species in there too . . right now the bass (which school heavily) will 'round up' and 'drive up' huge schools of shad to the surface, then ahnillate them in short order . .these are called boils, and any shallow runnning shad type plug usually gets a strike if casted into a boil . . . you'll see fishing boats hunting around for them, then close in when the boil starts... also jigging with dead anchovies works well . . trolling too . . . for spots look at some of the recent posts from the charter captains!

hope this helps!

sm
[signature]
Hey thanks a lot. Im sure any little bit of advice will help me. I am going to go out to Boulder Basin on Saturday about 5:30am and see what I can do. Ive heard that they really only bite in the morning and evening before and after the sun has risen or set? Is it best just out in the open water or close to the shore? Well hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again.

Chad [cool]
[signature]
Look for the armada of boats in the Las Vegas Wash, Saddle Island and Boulder Beach areas, keep your eye's out for boiling fish or nervous water, I fish them just like I'd fish a tuna boil with chrome Iron, and rubber tails like fishtraps or bighammers, if you can make Shad for bait that will work really good too, just remember you can only use a 3' dia. bait net on Mead.

Hope to see ya out there.

Rick on Melissa Marie (CH 68)
[signature]
We like Storm 4" Wild Eyed Shad lures. They are cheap ($3.00 per six ), have a nice life-like action even while sinking, and only carry one hook so they are easy and fast to remove. They also cast well. We like to spray them with a little bass scent also. Good Luck!

BaySport
[signature]