Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open water/SFCR
Haven't heard any chatter about anyone fishing open water anyplace lately, is no one getting out yet? I have been down to SFCR a few times and for the most part done real good but last trip was 2 weeks ago and it was slower then but the ones I caught were real nice.[fishin]
[signature]
I haven't been out except for a very windy day done there one sat afternoon about 2-3 weeks ago. Got skunked.

Working on a 12' starcraft with a mercury 40 I recently bought to try some of that open water and have a little more ability to get a round and explore. It should be just right for my wife and I. It will be fun.
[signature]
Man, your gonna have fun trolling in that rig. I hope you post some pictures of your catch when you get em.
[signature]
I will be posting my modifications in the misc fishing section unde boats and Yes I agree it should be a blast, but I don't want to lose contact with my toon and float tube. I do know I am having a lot of fun getting it ready.
[signature]
Did I read that right, a 40 HP motor on a 12 ft. boat? You'll be able to water ski behind that ride!
By the way- went to SFCR this morning and its iced up again so I couldn't find any open water at the bays to fish[mad]. Just a waste of priceless fuel. Got a couple of new rods I was dying to try out today too.
[signature]
Not 40 hp it's a mercury 40 but only a 4 hp. Iced up really!? well I'll mount some ice skates on the boat and head out that way I guess[Wink]
[signature]
Ya there was only 10-15 fet of open water between shore and ice sheet, hopefully by next weekend cause I would love to get my boat out, I'm tired of hardwater fishing but we did spank a bunch of nice trout at Magic yesterday. Here is a picture of my buddy with a nice mess of trout
[signature]
Very nice!

Next year I will have my snow machine ready, can't handle the long walks up there at Magic.
[signature]
Well I am ready for a nice Saturday or at least mild so I can see how the boat feels. I have my pic's under the boat section in the misc forum, It's a little rough but I will get a feel for how I will want things.
[signature]
well if we can escape that blasted spring wind I too would like to float my boat[cool]
[signature]