Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 9-4 (report)
Myself and Petty4Life hit East Canyon this morning. We did have some success, but the bite wasn't anywhere near as quick as it has been the last couple of weeks. We ended up boating 8 rainbows. The largest of which was 17". The fish were all caught on an Apex lure. We tried several lures, including P4L's famous flatfish. We only got one hit on the flatfish, and he got off. There were a few other boaters on the water, but we did not see anyone else with fish. One guy was using a down-rigger, but he was trolling much too quickly. He had a nice little kicker on the boat, but he trolled around using his 70HP outboard.....couldn't figure that one out. Maybe he figured if he covered more water, he'd catch more fish! Bad plan. We also talked to a couple of shore anglers that weren't having any luck either. I'm not sure what turned the fish off, the moon is only half full, so I don't think it had anything to do with it. The fish we caught were all nice a plump....very healthy. Too bad they have anchor worms up there. Does anyone know why they are in that reservoir, and not in others? Here are a couple of pics....they are not the best quality, but I never claimed to be Ansel Adams.

[Image: easttrout.jpg]

[Image: easttrout1.jpg]
[signature]
i cant belive it i got skunked at east canyon only one bit tries 3-4 different setups still couldnt buy a bit was going to ut a dollar bill on the hook to try and buy one but tkb kept taking it off. the bit was quick early and the abut 9:30 it was like someone turned off the switch
[signature]