Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good discusion on Utah board
[size 2]Alot of the members are using the general discusion board to do exactly that. Anything and everything![/size]

[size 2] Some people feel it is a " Fishing " website and should be kept that way and others feel anything goes or don't care.[/size]

[size 2] I expressed my opinion and have been banned from the State of Utah! ( Just kidding [Wink] )[/size]

[size 2] I like how California boards are set-up. Something for everyone. But I do agree the postings should keep to the topic of the board. Otherwise use PM's or use General Discussion Board.[/size]

[size 2] How do my fellow tubers feel?[/size]

[size 2] [/size]
[signature]

Hi fishfather,

Sounds how it ought to work to me. On some boards, some posters complain that a certian board is too 'chatty' as there's a lot of people on line at the same time and just make short comments or quips kinda like a chat room.

As far as I'm concerned, if it's related to the board topic and follows the thread pretty well, and there is no flaming, no harm no foul.

A long as there's some decent content, the more the merrier.

JapanRon
[signature]
Exactley. Like I said in Utah board, you get me talking about fishing and I can go on for hours [Smile] That's because I love fishing.

But I try to keep the discussion related to the board. In the Utah board they have a general discussion board and they talk about football, fertilizer, whatever! [crazy]

I was like," Hey guys, BIG FISH??? Not John Deer or Guns and Ammo" [Wink]

But I feel as many do that everyone is entitled to there opinion, no matter how dumb it is! [shocked]

I am very happy with the way these boards are set-up in California and was very surprised to see a " Float tubing " board. I have learned things and hopefully offered some knowledge in return.

I guess if I offered any further opinions on how to regulate boards to the moderators it would be to keep the discussion on a " Fish board " to exactey that.

If someone felt necessary to post other stuff I would send them a PM to encourage them not to post non fish info and if they wanted to talk to fellow fisherman about non fish related subjects to encourage them to PM each other...Fewwwwwww[unsure]

I tend to ruffle some feathers but it is always for the good of the group[Wink]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Bro. As you know, I spend a lot of time on the Utah board too. I used to live there and have family and friends there. I published a fishing book in Utah and know the waters well.

What you do not know (possibly) is that there are several boards in Utah. I used to be an informal moderator on one, but bailed out when it got to be nothing but flaming and stupidity...and I did not have the ability ot edit or delete...as I do on this forum. The folks on the Utah BFT board are some of the most knowledgeable and sharing fishermen in the atate. In Utah, most fishermen are also hunters...and with a lot of other interests. So, they sometimes wander when the fishing is slow.

Right now, Utah is losing some of its best warm water fisheries. Yuba Reservoir is virtually dry, Willard Bay Reservoir is getting dry, and Utah Lake is barely hanging on. Many other waters are suffering too. This time of year the fishermen are usually having a heyday, but this year all they can do is go to their favorite waters and look at dead fish and disappearing water. Ya gotta talk about something before you start crying.

I have not moderated this float tubing board with a heavy hand. The threads usually stay on track and there has been virtually no slamming or serious language problems. I have edited out a couple of posts that have been "chat room" stuff, that does not do anything for the forum.

Since you first dropped in and began contributing, you have added some good insight and input. You are a welcome and valued member. All opinions are welcome. That does not mean that all will agree, but we all have the right to agree or disagree...as long as we don't turn the disagreement into a flaming match. That's where editing will happen.

In case you haven't noticed, fisherfolk tend to be opinionated. If you wanna get a real good discussion going, just ask what is the best line, rod, reel, hooks, lures, etc. Then stand back and watch the show.

Me...I'm as opinionated as anyone. However, I always listen to what others have to offer, and by doing so, I find that I learn more. Someone once told me that you have two ears and one mouth for a reason. You should listen twice as much as you talk. I wonder if that applies to keyboards too.
[signature]
I hear yah. My friend moved from Utah 2 years ago and he mentioned some good spots out there.

I was just surprised when I jumped to there board on a hot topic and saw all the non fish related topics. Reminded me of AOL or something.[cool]

I am really happy to be a part of this board. I find it very relaxing talking about fishing and it makes me look forward to fishing that much more![Wink]

As I mentioned before I always believe everyone has a right to there opinion, just keep it relevant [Smile]
[signature]