Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport ice conditions?
I would like to go to Rockport tomorrow. Anyone been there the last couple of days? Is it ok getting on and off the ice? Rockport has been good to me this year and I'd like to go again one more time if the ice conditions are good. If not, I will probably be going up to Strawberry. Thanks for any info!
[signature]
The ice is fine at the north end. I put my snowmobile
on the ice at the boat ramp on Friday. Caught and released my best fish of the winter, 22" brown.[cool]
[signature]
I was up there on Saturday at the North end. Closer to the shore the ice was down to 7 inches but that is the thinnest I saw it. The south end is open water. Make sure to bring some ice cleats or shoes with good traction. The beach is frozen solid and really slick. I pretty much slid down the beach to the lake and then had to crawl back up it when I left. The ice on top is really weird and I wasn't liking it at all. It is all pocketed and crusty. If you ever fall on the ice your knee will regret it for a long time. Fishing was a lot slower than it has been but still getting a lot of bites.
[signature]