Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport today
[Smile]Drove up Weber canyon to Rockport. The lower Weber river near the mouth of the canyon is running pretty high, and the stretches by the golf course above Morgan are right at the top of the bank and running over in some places.

Rockport is really low, probably in anticipation of catching a lot of the Spring run off, but if the reservoirs fill and overflow at a rate any higher than the current flow, could be some flooding along the Weber.

No snow around Rockport and completely ice free. Caught several trout from shore, but it was pretty slow most of the time. Enjoyed getting out and fishing some open water.

Tight lines.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Crimson. I'm glad to see someone is getting out and doing some fishing, reports are few and far between lately. Is the Echo water level low as well?
[signature]
Yes, it is pretty low also, but not as dramatic as Rockport as far as I could tell. Looks like plenty of capacity to catch the run off.
[signature]
Was Echo ice free ?
[signature]
Yes, I should have said that both the Rock and Echo are completely ice free and I was surprised there is no snow around the shore at all. Kind of surprised because there is still so much snow along the Wasatch front foothills where I live.

Anyway, access is good at both places, but it was a little muddy right at the shoreline with the lowering water levels.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Crimson. Looks like Echo for me this Friday for a little R&R off the bank....Mother Nature permitting !
[signature]
I would like to get out but with the price of gas I won't be doing very much fishing this year.
[signature]