Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Knolls - Utah Lake
The Knolls is on the west side of Utah Lake. The attached file from TubeDude provides directions and additional information.
[signature]
I know TubeDude sells his CD on the Utah Lake write up. It doesn’t seem right that you would take a big chunk of his materiel he sells and just post it directly online. Maybe your interpretation of his information along with your own observations but not a straight cut and paste of his for-sale information.
[signature]
Trust me, Pat (Tubedude) and I go back many years and I consider him a close friend. He does not care if we re-share items he has shared with us. He does not sell his CDs to make a profit, just as a service to his fellow anglers and in an attempt to recoup some of his out-of-pocket expenses.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]Trust me, Pat (Tubedude) and I go back many years and I consider him a close friend. He does not care if we re-share items he has shared with us. He does not sell his CDs to make a profit, just as a service to his fellow anglers and in an attempt to recoup some of his out-of-pocket expenses.[/quote]

Well, I won’t be using you for my taxes in 2018 as you are stealing 😀TubeDudes funds.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I appreciate your concern over someone potentially violating any copyright issues there may be by re-posting some of my writeups. But, as Kent has suggested, I continue to produce written and pictorial treatments of Utah fishing subjects not to enrich myself but to help others shorten their learning curves. I am pleased to be able to help others broaden their own knowledge bases and to improve their catches and their enjoyment.

Yes, I do sell CD/books with pretty complete coverage of specific lakes...or fishing subjects. But I often send out entire chapters...or at least excerpts...simply to help answer specific questions or to help a newbie with background info. And it is not just to advertise my for-sale products. I honestly care about helping others ramp up a bit faster without having to dig up everything on their own.

I have been around a long time. I have had the good fortune to have known a lot of other anglers over the years who have helped me...one new thing at a time. Thus I have accumulated a fairly broad base of knowledge and understanding...that took a lot of time and experience to put together. I am properly grateful for all the help I have received and feel I would be selfish to not share what I could with others who sincerely seek what I can freely offer.

On another note, you need not be concerned about the integrity of Mr. K. I have known him for a long time and I can vouch for both his integrity and his skill as an accountant. If you avoid doing business with him because of this misunderstanding you might both lose.

[/#0000FF]
[signature]
The attached PDF file no longer works.

Directions: Access is from Highway 68 (Redwood Road) at mile marker 19 (N 40º 12.437' W 111º 53.673' -- a few miles south of Saratoga Springs). Take the fairly rough gravel and dirt road to the lake.
[signature]