Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor of tubers in the bay 9/13 or 9/14
It has been a long time since I got floating in the harbor. i have gathered my gear and checked my tube. I noticed that some of the DH crew and fish father are possibly going out this weekend. Any room for one more ?
[signature]
[size 2]Sunday seemed to be the day. Aaron and Joe are organizing this so I would coordinate with them. The more the better I say[Wink][/size]

[size 2] We may be launching in different locations but I am sure we will connect sooner or later[/size]
[signature]
ya like father said, the more the better! aaron, chris, and i are launching from the beach on ocean right there by the 68th street bridge. be there EARLY! there is a major major major car show going on that same day and they will be closing down 2nd street. so get there early to avoid the crowd and get a parking place. hope to see you there. me aaron and chris all have green pontoon float tubes and usually right around the same area, so we will be pretty easy to find. we go where ever the current takes. usually goes from the 68th street bridge to the appian way bridge. thats where we catch most fish anyways.

hope to see ya.

joe
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]ya thats probably wats going to happen but arron might have work and i can only work oone day a weekend.. so maybe arron might get off..... hopefully and maybe i can get greg to go maybe even krieg i think thats how its spelled...??? well maybe the bass go off in the little slips.... only little sandies but maybe a big spottie will be there.....[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
ya im gonna email craig and ask him to go.

joe
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]ok then i'll call u laterz[/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
Sorry not to respond back Guys finally got a new job ! So sunday morning.

Just to be sure is it mothers beach you launch from.? Across from the boat launch by second street and albertsons?
[signature]
actually, we usually launch from the other one on ocean blvd. it is right there by the 68th street bridge. if you have a cell phone i will call you if we dont find eachother

joe
[signature]
[size 2]Me and my friend will be launching from Mothers then we will track down everyone else. I may fish around Mothers alittle then head down near the corner[/size]
[signature]
Will See you at mothers sunday.

Has anybody been getting live bait first?

How is the bait situation at the belmont pier or how about buying it at norms?
[signature]
[size 2]I keep hearing people say Norm's sells live bait but everytime I have gone there they do not have any. [unsure][/size]

[size 2]I will set out early Sun morning and catch me some live bait. Seem to do well catching Halibut with them and Bass.[Wink][/size]

[size 2] I always keep squid and plastics as a back up. Believe it or not I have set out with live smelt and caught maybe 1 or 2 fish. Then switched to plastics or squid and started hitting them left and right!![shocked][/size]

[size 2] Very Weird[crazy][/size]
[signature]
I have bought live bait at norms myself but it has been about two months since then. We used some live smelt and got nothing then we used some ghost shrimp from him and my brother in law nailed a large halibut.

I also like to fish over by the second street bridge more. in the boat slips across from the yellow sub I usually have good luck on plastics.
[signature]
i'll probably just throw plastics the whole day like i usually do. its worked well for me.. i always get between 8 and 16 bass each day. for

joe
[signature]
Any color working better than the others?
[signature]
smoke colored plastic curly tails worked good for me there... down in san diego, we used sardine colored paddle tails. they just killed the spotties.

joe
[signature]
[size 2]That's what I heard about fishing around Davy's and Mother's. My friend starts out and goes down away from Mother's fishing the rocks then works his way back up towards Davy's then rounds the corner and fishes the flat area.[cool][/size]

[size 2] He has pulled several legal Halibut out of there and some nice size Bass too[Wink][/size]
[signature]

Hey there DH_tubinjoe,

I'm pretty good with cool water. Didn't one of the dher's say they regretted wearing their waders last time they went to the Alamitos fishin' hole? If it's halfway decent, I just wear jeans and that keeps the body heat in pretty good. Something about the water between the skin and fabric being an insulator. Especially when your just kind of sitting and fan casting to spots.

I'm kind of like a seal anyway and have an insulating layer of fat.

JapanRon
[signature]

Hi there DH_tubinjoe,

High tide is at 11:49 and is 5.09 ft with the next low being at 18:22 and only 1.30 ft. That's not too bad a surge but I'm thinkin' my launch time will be more like 9:30am and I'll be out by 2pm. What's the timing of others going? I'll launch at Mother's IF I can find a good parking spot.

JapanRon
[signature]