Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 5/13
[cool][#0000ff]No GPS coordinates. It used to be just an end of the road thing and climb up over a turnstile. Now there is an improved facility. If you can't find it at the end of the road then we can work to get the numbers for you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote MarineSpear][quote chickendude1234]
The ramp accessed by Indian Trails Road is located at about the "i" in Indian on your map if I remember correctly. I think I do remember correctly as that is my favorite access point on the lake.[/quote]

just curious was that suppose to sound as assy as it did?[/quote]

He wasn't being "assy" its a good question.... I havent seen the new launch on that side. If the launch is where tubedude has it labeled you'll be carrying your tube/pontoon/canoe quite a distance because the road stops where chickendude said, on the "i".

Next time label robo-cop on the highway as well tubedude!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The arrow was "shot in haste". It is indeed too far south.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In addition to Robo-Cop on the freeway we need to make sure to include "Barney Fife" in Mantua. Talk about somebody who is all caught up in his own importance. Tickets for going 28 mph in a 25 zone. And one ticket for somebody parking at the launch ramp while still unloading stuff...with the motor running. He just loves it when somebody parks on the south perimeter road.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Rumor has it that our friend Geoffrey, (aka outfortrout), and 'Barney Fife' get together for cards every now and then.

[Wink]
[signature]
Sorry about sounding "assy" TD. Your maps are always super accurate and indeed a great help to the fisherfolk on this board.

I was just trying to help. In hindsite it wasn't all that important of a mistake because if you end up at the end of Indian Trails Road you'll be at the parking lot no matter what map you're looking at.

Carry on fellas!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No harm no foul. I was not offended by your comments. I try to make accurate maps but do not mind when someone points out a flub. I have not been there to see the new improvements yet but plan to make a photo circuit to aid in putting together a complete writeup on Mantua like I have for some of the other waters.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks...and no problem.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The new improvements are pretty sweet. The "facilities" saved my morning once or twice last year. Bumpy roads and too much coffee on an empty stomach always seem to get to me but I never learn my lesson.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Yeah, before they installed the new conveniences it was kinda nasty over there...especially when the toilet paper bushes were in bloom.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Part of planning on any fishing trip should be the "Universal Law of Intake"...as it applies to fishing. That is "ANYTHING INGESTED WITHIN A 24 HOUR PERIOD PRIOR TO A FISHING TRIP WILL MULTIPLY IN VOLUME...AND WILL DEMAND RELEASE AT THE LEAST OPPORTUNE TIMES."[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have long wondered how one 12 oz. cup of coffee could turn into several "downloads"...each of greater volume than the original drink. I suppose the exercise factor and kidneys doing their work to remove the byproducts of muscle workings has something to do with it. But who needs a science lesson when your bladder (or other) suddenly starts screaming for relief...right when the fishing is getting good...or when you are a long ways from shore in a float tube...or both?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And why can't I ever get a green arrow for a left turn after waiting 10 minutes for the light to change"? And why is there always a green arrow in the left turn lane when I am not in it...and nobody else is either?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]LIFE'S NOT FAIR.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Went out again today. Only fished for about an hour. No bass, probably because to the weather. Saw a few little bitty trout jump however. The water level raised a good foot and a half up to two feet since last week!
[signature]
Here is that cut I caught last week if it will show up for you guys.
[signature]