Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Fished Rockport lately?
Im hitting Rockport on Sunday and was wondering if anyone has been up there lately. How the bass action? And trout?

Thanks!!
[signature]
I was there last Sunday. I didn't see anyone pulling in Bass. I saw a handful of trout come out. I myself caught 2 decent browns. I don't know if it is just because the water was cold, and/or murky, but I had a hard time telling if I had a fish on my line for both of my trout. They didn't flop until I got them up to the bank. Otherwise it felt like I was reeling in a log, and it was hard to tell if I had one on my line. I am lucky in that I have a light action ugly stick, so the tip is super sensitive. I was able to tell slight differences in the action that told me the bait was moving different than how the waves were moving it. So keep that in mind Smile
Worms did no good, we thought we would have a fish only to pull the line in to a shredded worm, surely the work of the crayfish. The winning bait for me was to take a small treble, load it up with cheese flavored power bait, and any bright sparkly colored power bait. Tie on a small weight, toss out, and wait.

At this time I would be wary of the river. It was running high and super fast, and I heard a lot of nothing came out of it from the campers there.

Fish close to the dam if possible and you should at least catch a brown or 2.

Hope this helps Smile
[signature]
Hey Dan. I was up last Sunday trying for SMB but the wind beat me. Talked to one couple who got there before the wind got big and had 7 slimers up to about 1 1/2 pounds before getting blown off the water.

Mike
[signature]