Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Musky ... but a few smallies
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Took my daughter and her friend up to Pineview early yesterday morning for a few firsts. Emily caught her first Small Mouth Bass (and a not too shabby one I might add), and Nathen (oh, I mean Evan ... kept calling him Nathen all day for some reason) caught his first fish ever ... a small SMB. First time I have ever run into the bank at 3 mph! Ouch, D@!**, and a few other thoughts. I was trolling close in the narrows while I was fixing some tackle and next thing you know, I was in the rocks! Also, Evan pulled in a smallie that had a hook comming out it's butt! Looked painful. It wasn't rusted at all. Makes me wonder about the truth of hooks being cut off from the line and left to rust away in a fish's digesestive system. I did a little surgery and that little smallie should be good as new some day.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]First thing in the mornig, it was quite enjoyable to see all the steam rising off the lake as the sun came up over the horizon. Fishin' aint just fishin' ... is it.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]As we were leaving, we passed by and said hi to MGB and SSorshif. Hope they got into some musky.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hi Coot, we did'nt have any luck with muskies but did hook into afew sm while we where trolling. Snaged a couple carp that made me think I had a muskie for a minute.

I seen the steam rising from the water when we drove over the dam it looked awesome.
[signature]