Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McClatchy Tournament @ Magic July 23
Just thought I would post this up for those out there that might be interested in fishing this tourney at Magic Reservoir on July 23 2011

This will be the 1st Annual John McClatchy (aka Big Fish) Memorial Tournament @ Magic Reservoir. John was a good friend of mine who passed away last year on July 22 of cancer at the very young age of 55.

John loved fishing Magic and probably new the lake better then most. In his honor Willy Cook decided to spear head this annual event in honor of our beloved friend John.

The entry fee is $25 per person if registered by July 20 other wise it will be $30 per person up until the morning of July 23.

Since John did as much bank fishing as he did out of his boat "The Bobber", Willy decided that it doesn't matter if contestants want to fish from a boat, canoe, tube, or the bank, don't matter. In fact all that does matter is who catches the "Big Fish".

The tournament will be run out of the lodge at West Magic and the hours will be from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm with a barbecue to follow after the weigh in. Blast off for people fishing out of boats will be 7:45am from the West Magic dock.

Pay outs will be First, Second, & Third place for the top 3 "Big Fish". Also a portion of the entries will go to the American Cancer Society/Camp Rainbow Gold in honor of John. So mark your calenders and plan on attending this great event.

I'll keep everyone posted as we get closer to the date.

Mike [fishin]
[signature]
Sounds like a great tournament for a great cause.

Windriver
[signature]
Bump To The Top [cool]
[signature]
Normally I might be upset with a bump, but you did two things right.

1. This benefits folks that deserve it.
2. You waited 4 days since the latest post to bump.

Good on you man, and I hope you get more entries than space to fish around that res. If I resided about 50 miles closer, I'd seriously consider entering.
[signature]
Thank You!

You might want to think about getting a life for yourself if you have nothing better to do then police this forum [unimpressed]
[signature]
I think you missed it. Still, good on you (sincerely, just to be clear).
[signature]
Man i sure hope there's lots of entries.....................
I could sure use the money,,Heh heh..[cool][cool]..
[signature]
I take it your back from the far north. I hope you did better up there then we did [unimpressed] I don't need to go 2500 miles to get skunked, I can do that right here in Idaho [laugh]

Hope to see ya at the tourney [fishin]
[signature]
1 Last bump before the tournament. Sign up will be Saturday morning the 23rd @ West Magic Resort between 6:30 & 7:30 with blast off at 7:45 am. Those signing up Saturday morning will need to pay a $30 entry fee which includes the barbecue after weigh in. Weigh in will be at 1:00 pm. Pay out will be for the top 3 biggest fish. Hope to see you all there. [fishin]
[signature]
Well Mike ,, Good luck!!!!!!!!
See ya there...
[fishin]
[signature]