Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey
Haven't heard about Causey for awhile. I'm thinking about going up in a couple days and breaking out my canoe/new trolling motor. Any info or suggestions? Thanks.
[signature]
Also interested in how people have done up there. Water temps & levels? I would imagine that everythings calmed down up there.
[signature]
my wife wants to go this saturday. Last I was there 2 weeks ago it was still FULL and muddy, fishing was OK lots of small planter bows.
[fishon]
[signature]
Up there this evening just in the float tube. Fishing was slow. Water is brown from the runoff still and also really cold. We each caught one fish each, both really small. We caught on gold colors. I would.say you will have better luck trollin then we did floatin. Good luck.[reply][/reply]
[signature]
They don't enforce it but there are no motors allowed on Causey.
[signature]
sure about that? last i read this year there are motors allowed, just no wake speeds only
[signature]
Motors are allowed, no wake speed is the rule.
[signature]
That's cool.

Last year I had an officer tell me there are no motors allowed. I was just passing it on.
[signature]
Thanks for the input. Maybe we'll give trolling a try.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up. I've never been up there before. Everything I can find just says, "operating a boat above a wakeless speed is prohibited." I'll keep looking into it though.
[signature]