Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bud is Gone.
[Sad]I just found out that Bud, the beloved golden retriever and fishing companion of our good member Leaky, has succumbed to a sudden and untreatable ailment.

I'm sure you will all join me in expressing our condolences to Leaky. Anybody who has ever lost a beloved pet can empathize with the deep sorrow he is experiencing right now.
(I just edited in a pic Leaky sent along with his email announcement to me)
[signature]
oh man, im sorry. the first dog i had died of cancer. i was devistated. sorry do hear about your buddy Bud.

joe
[signature]
I have never once been able to really keep a dog, they either have died, gotten stolen, or I have moved and we had to get rid of it[:/].

Aaron
[signature]
my condolences to leaky you could tell him and bud were the best of buds

chris
[signature]
Hey Leaky...

I feel for ya...losin' a pet is just about as bad as losing a member of the family all right. I remember when I was a kid, I had this little pet rabbit...it got really sick one day too and had to be put down. I remember crying when we took it to the vet to put it to sleep, but I don't remember being that upset about it. That is until I read my journals from elementary school a few years later and realized that like 1/2 of my entries were about my dead rabbit. Then just a couple years ago, I had a pet pygmy goat (I know...it ain't no dog, but they're just as fun! haha) named Gregory. He was great and I used to take him on walks around the neighborhood and even took him fishing with me a few times!! I had plans on him becoming my..."Boat Goat" instead of a boat dog like most people have...but then one day he, too, suddenly became very ill one night...it hit really fast, and we're still not sure what happened exactly...we think it may have been pnumonia...and was dead by morning. I was fine and thought I'd be able to retain any tears, until it came time to bury him. [Sad] We're all with ya, Leaky!!!
[signature]
[unimpressed] Hey there Leaky, I'm with you man. I lost my buddy on Christmas this past year. The whole family was heart broken. We had an all white German Shepard. He develped some intestinal problem and just stopped eating. But we feel that he is in a better place and he is probably somewhere having a good time with everyone elses buddies that have journeyed on to that big fishing place in the sky.
[signature]
[size 2]Hey leaky,[/size]

[size 2]As a lover of the little people, I feel your loss. Hang in there until you get another baby to fill the void.[/size]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=684;]
[signature]

Bummer Bud,

I can't think of many friends who understand us, have the degree of loyalty and give us unconditional love to the degree of our little hound dogs.

Sorry to hear of your loss and hope you can make a home for a deserving creature at the earliest. Did he have brothers and sisters? You might get a dog from the same family.

JapanRon
[signature]
man , i am really sorry to hear the news .

there is no bond like that between these lifelong pals .
[signature]
Leaky, if you are out there reading this, you have my deapest simpithy, and I am empithetic to your plite.
[signature]
LEAKY I AM SORRY THAT BUD WASN'T ABLE TO MAKE IT.
[signature]
[cool]UPDATE

In a personal email from Leaky, he advised that he had bought a new golden retriever pup. He located it in Wyoming, and the parents are both great hunters...which was a big thing with Leaky. He loves his bird hunting.

Oh yeah, the tentative name for the new family member is "Mick"...for Michelob. Bud was short for Bud Light. Don't ask me why the names have to be beer related.

The important thing is that Leaky has taken a big step toward restabilizing his life. Let us hope that the new addition to the family takes good care of our esteemed BFT member.
[signature]
Tube and the rest of you guys,

Got back from Lovell Wy. at 2:30 a.m. today with the new pup. We're beat! What with having to attend a family get together in Crested Butte, Co, driving up to Lovell to pick the pup up and driving back, we're dead. The pup didn't sleep more than 15 min the whole drive back. We drove 17hrs yesterday.

Well, we changed his name - he will be called Sparky based on his go-go disposition. We got up again at 7 a.m. to let the dog out and get him used to his new home, etc. and as of this writing he still hasn't stopped. My wife and I are going to take turns crashing and watching. I'm going to crash now! I'll post a picture when I recover. I've got a lot of work ahead of me but well worth it!!!!!

[Smile][crazy]Leaky
[cool]Great to have you back, young man. Good luck with Sparky and we look forward to seeing a pic.
[signature]
[cool] Hey Leaky, Congratulations on your new partner. I am glad to see you back on the board and I also enjoy reading some of your posts.
[signature]
Hey guys,

Took a little nap. Here's the picture I promised. He's from hunting lines/field trials, not show. He's a goer!!!.

[crazy]Leaky
[cool][size 1]Hey leaky, [/size]

[size 1]Enjoy your new baby. He is real cute.[/size]
[signature]