Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Resv. Report
Fished Lost Creek Resv. with my bro-in-law today. fished 5-25ft using custom dodgers, kokanee creek spinners, custom made spinnglow and christenson lake shore tackle spinners. caught 40 fish from 7am till 2pm nothing huge. procure scent "herring and sweet corn" lake shore tackle spinners where the bomb today one spinner caught 1/3 of all the fish.. caught mostly cutts with a few bows thrown in, trolled 1.2-1.7mph
[signature]
Jason, looks like you went after them with your kokanee lures and scents. Those rainbows and cutts have no pride, they will hit almost anything.
[signature]
From my twin...

"Thanks for reporting about Lost Creek. We have been pondering going up there for quite some time on the pontoons (no one ever reports about that place....it must be that good). I am shocked to see a picture of what you were using....most fisherman have lock jaw when it comes to revealing tactics....We are much like you...just because we tell everyone what we are using and where, does NOT mean that your going to see 3,000 people fishing your spot the next day. Thanks again for the report and don't worry, we wont be fishing Lost Creek anytime soon.....maybe in the fall we will give it a try when the trout are cruising the shore again. Thanks again for your post....see you out on the water someday."
[signature]
My wife and I fished lost creek friday evening from 5 p.m. till 8:30 p.m. from the tube, I managed 4 cutts around 12-14 inches and one tiny rainbow, and my wife got nothing.
Lots of bites but no hook ups for her, all were caught on a crawler some with beads and a spinner some on just a drifted crawler, nothing I would consider fast and furious but it was a day out fishing.
[fishin]
[signature]
how's the water clarity?
[signature]
[quote TyeDyeTwins]...just because we tell everyone what we are using and where, does NOT mean that your going to see 3,000 people fishing your spot the next day. "[/quote]

This is so true. A lot of times I have actually given what I was using to someone after they have asked what I was using. Doesn't always mean they will catch fish with it though![cool]
[signature]
Water clarity was still slightly murky but not too bad.
[fishin]
[signature]
i have very little trout lures anymore. and the trout loke kokanee lures.
[signature]
I've gotten to the point in my life i just dont care about catching trophys or keeping a lake quite. I'll share info with anyone that ask's. I noticed before i went up there that no one had posted reports. I spent most of the day coaching my bro-in-law how not lo loose the fish he was getting. LOL was still a great day.
[signature]
Sounds like my wife, spent a good amount of time trying to convince her that the bait shouldn't be balled up on the end of the hook, and trying to get her to be patient and not give a overzealous yank at the slightest bump.
Also what works for me might not work for everyone else, even if we are only a few feet apart.
[fishin]
[signature]
Appreciate your report. Did you just use spinning rods, or leaded line or down riggers? any Night crawlers added?
Were is ProCure available, mine is 5 years old, and I dont think any good.
[signature]
How was the water temp!!![:p]
[signature]
[quote Uintaman]Appreciate your report. Did you just use spinning rods, or leaded line or down riggers? any Night crawlers added?
Were is ProCure available, mine is 5 years old, and I dont think any good.[/quote]

I was using downriggers, with kokanee rods. and trolling reels. no crawlerrs. berkley maggots on the trailer hook. i only put scent on the maggot. procure can be bought at sportsmans or try [url "http://www.kokaneetackle.com"]www.kokaneetackle.com[/url]
[signature]