Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake Fall brookie's?
Not a Brook but 9.5 Lb Cutthroat . Released.
[signature]
[quote GP]Not a Brook but 9.5 Lb Cutthroat . Released.[/quote]

Okay...Now you done it....can't help myself cause it has been awhile but 19. lb 36"
(Weight calculated from length and girth)

[Image: HenrysLakeBigunfix640.jpg]
[signature]
That fish needs its own ZIP code, flygoddess.
[signature]
LMAO...that is funny. Got to remember that one.
[signature]
Nice female brook trout Flygoddess!

DeeCee
[signature]
Hey Big Oregon-
Was that you fishing Henry's in the one man bass buggy/boat all this week?
[signature]
Yup, that was me- what a great trip. Incredible fishing, but the PEOPLE were amazingly great to me and I could never say enough thanks!!! What days were you there?
Dave
[signature]
We fished Monday - Thursday. You are one tough dude. From what I could see you were the first one on the water and the last one off everyday. I hope you caught your trophy, you certainly deserve it.
mac
[signature]
That's for sure!!!!! Talk about putting in the time!!
[signature]
Thankyou guys so much- that means alot to me coming from you guys! Joni, were you there, too?
I definately owe a ton to Bill Schiess and Denny Rickards as well as some of the guys from Henry's Fork Anglers (Bob Lamb, Kyle) for taking the time to help me and give me flies, plus lot's of great conversation.
I did not get my big wild male brookie, but this was only my first attempt and was my chance to finally flyfish again after a 15 year layoff and work out the bugs, etc.
My biggest problem was that my wrists got incredibly sore- they're still sore- lol! I wanted to try to fish and cast before the trip, but just had too much work to do.
I caught well over 100 nice fish and some good sized brookies, but just not the one I'm looking for, but I'll get him! I figured this could take five falls to get it done. It's gonna be incredible when it happens.
Let's keep this thread going and see if anyone gets any brutes still this fall and good luck to all and most importantly: THANKYOU to all of you who have been posting here- each post has helped me a TON and I could never thank you all enough- that was so much fun and I wouldn't caught a dang thing without all your help!
Dave
[signature]
What flies did you have the best luck with? Our crew did best with the olive chrystal and mity mite type flies. We are already planning our next years trip and trying to decide which week would be best.
mac
[signature]
California leech, Rickard's olive and burnt orange seal bugger, Renegades, and for me, Gartside Softhackle and two of my own creations.
[signature]
Awesome BigOregon! Sounds like you had the true Henry's Lake experience. This kind of trip you will never forget.

DeeCee
[signature]
check it out-caught a 11 pounder twenty minutes before this wall mounter
[signature]
Amazing, bugs! There really isn't a more spectacularly colored fish than those male brookies.
[signature]
I agree-got lucky. Released it
[signature]
11 pound cutbow that is-
[signature]
Wow, bugs1: High five right here buddy! That's what we're after- congrats, and thanks for posting the pic! Nice to know there are a few caught! Amazing he's that colored-up in T-shirt weather, but I guess it was in the 80's when I arrived at Henry's (and in the 20's when I left- ha ha).
Joni is dead-on on flies (as usual). Everyone around me was showing me what they were using including the guides and it was an amazing variety- the fish seem to hit almost anything presented fairly well.
I cannot say enough about Bill Schiess and Denny Rickards. Both complete gentleman and amazing fisherman. Great fun to fish with Dr. Jim Scheel, too- so many great people in that part of the country.
DeeCee: thanks my friend! Mac you better say Hi next Fall! (and Joni you too!)
Dave Smith
[signature]
Beautiful!!!
[signature]
Thanks Big Oregon-being a Beaver and all, its great to hear the word Oregon every now and then. Go Beavers!
[signature]