Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 8/13
Made my first trip to East Canyon on Saturday. Got on the water around 0715 and started chasing smallies.

Water temp was 70 when we arrived at 74 when we left at 1400.

The action was fast in the morning, but we were only catching smaller fish. At around 0830 I landed the fish in the attached pic. That was the last bite I got that day.

The power squadron was out in force... I'm gonna start taking my paintball gun on the water with me.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pic MA, we sure haven't had many SM reports from EC this year. The SM in your pic is a nice one, did you measure it?
WH2
[signature]
As a guy in the fish shops told us about the SMB's at East Canyon, "they ( the smb's) like to think they're big!"

What kind of set up were you using? Not looking for specifics just things like spinners, plastics, lures, flies, trolling, etc.

Just want to compare notes of what the fish shops told me they were biting on. Maybe the fish shop guy was telling me "porky pies?"[laugh]
[signature]
She measured out at 17" and I figure somewhere between 3-4 lbs.

I fished 4 or 5" chartreuse, wacky rigged Senkos all day and most of the fish I caught were as big as the lure. Find a rocky shoreline where you can find 20' of water within casting distance of shore and you'll find the fish.

I don't play those hot spotting games. There's plenty of fish in these lakes for everyone. Just leave a bag of them on the shelf at Sporty's for me.

Go get 'em.
[signature]
Had the same experience up there a few weeks back.

We were running rapals and jigs.Most the bass we caught we just slightly bigger then the rapals they were hitting
[signature]