Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview's Tiger Muskie?
How long did it take you to catch your first tiger muskie at pineview? I'd go once or twice a year. Then I went every day for a week, catching my first, a 24" skinny guy in Gerstene Bay's east inlet off the shore and then an unmeasured monster out of The Narrows a few days later off my uncle's boat. (I wantted to get my first without help), but I'd say it took 100-200 hours to land my first big fat monster.

I've had a hoot, hop, hallar, and muskie dream for every hour spent. And I can't say the catch would be more savory if it happened any sooner. I only wish it took longer.
[signature]
Only been to Pineview twice didn't fish for tigers either time. On my second trip there fishing cemetery point for smallmouth, on a 3" chartruse curly tail my first and only muskie was caught it was about 30". So i figure i'm ahead of the game.
[signature]
I fished there about three times walking along the boulders casting a jerk bait, twice verticle jigging from a tube, and about 4 times trolling the most productive lures on that water on the rocky area of cemetary point without even hooking one. I met someone which holds several state records that fishs the most productive areas and still catchs nothing. It's to bad you didn't get to catch what's said to be the hardest fresh water fish to hook through planning, tactics, and effort. I can't say I've ever been so happy to catch a fish.

I've hooked a moster bule gill but didn't even bat an eye because it was the first and just a silly little fish. The muskie I landed was 3 times the size of my waiste and it's 16" wide. What game are you playing? Your catch is a food source for 48"er. I don't mean any disrespect, but they don't even get any girth until 36".
[signature]
There's no game being played here a question was asked and i answered thats how long it took me to catch my first tiger if you don't like the answer too bad. No disrespect but that's the way it is.
[signature]
Took me a total of about 6 hours to catch my first tiger. Caught him right of brownie point. Took nomoose that trip, he was our teacher and guide. I landed a 40" and he landed a 43". If you do not believe us do a search here and look at the pics. You could also take a stroll to hooked, they have a pic of nomoose and his beast on the wall.
[signature]
[size 1]"s[/size][size 1]o i figure i'm ahead of the game."and"There's no game being played here"Hmmmm...[/size]

I sugestted my like or dislike for your post as much as you did the amount of time you spent on those two days there. The only point I was making is the more you work for something, the more you enjoy it. Most of the time I'm clear enough for the mojority to understand.

I'm sorry you couln't take my reply in the same good will and humor as I did yours. I normaly question icredible stories as most do. You were obviously insulted, I'm sorry it came out that way and wish you the best of luck wherever you drop your line. I do concede to any argument you hope for, you win, k...
[signature]
hey that's great! I do understand there are a few days that are very productive for every one. I caught a monster after 2hrs of being on a boat my first time, around a new moon in the evening. But why you'd hand the your money and glory to a guide I don't understand.

I've seen nomoose fish pineview, he really knows when and where to fish. And what to use to produce the fish he wants. much like anyone with a pc or a hardcore muskie fishing friend. I have also seen him being sunked on the same days as anyone eles.

I've been to hooked, great store, and I've already seen yours and his pics. You don't have a post on the wall of fame. old coot, angie, teroy, predator, troy custer, xman, mgb all have post. Heck, I've met, know, or have had those members pointted out and seen how they fish where with what. I don't ever truley belive or disbelieve anything said by anyone.

I was trying to hold a coversation, getting to know the people of the board. I'm honestly happy for you, nomoose, and anyone eles better off with another additude or not.
[signature]
ok I dont want to get anyones panties in a twist ok.
as a guide I give those poeple that want to cut all the red tape to get right to it. I have put lots of time and money in to going after musky heck it took me 3 years to hook my first one and that was a newton. but I dont mind helping someone that cant put the time into learning all that you should know to fish for the greatest fish in utah. there are also lots of poeple that have been at the right place at the right time. I have learned that is the bigest thing in musky fishing.(if you are there the fish will hit) some times thatds how it is.
I to would like to see that it would take 100's of hours for each person to get a there fisrt musky (that means more time for me to hook them) but I know that isn't going to happen heck if it was that way I wouldn't make any money guiding for them.
so lets not all get upset about how long it took to get one. Lets just be happy that someone did and had fun.[cool]
[signature]
I don't think anyone can get the wrong impression from that post or even disagree. That's great you feel an obligation to teach vs. keeping secrets, very admirable.
[signature]
thank you mykys. I would rather teach everyone the right ways. then to have poeple handle the fish wrong and get hurt or hurt the fish or kill it and that does happen a lot. and it does fill good to see someone get one, to me that is as much fun as for me to get one.
[signature]
My first is most likely dead. I tore hole trying to remove trebbles from his gill plate because of being ill equiped to cut the hooks. Ashame too, he was a jumper.
[signature]
dont fill to bad we all do it. my 2nd musky died it was just 37" we broke its jaw when we were trying to get the hooks out the fish flipped and my friend droped it but I still had the hook with the pliers and the jaw. we say the fish the next day on the shore. after we spent 2 hours trying to get it to swim off it did but died sometime in the night.
[signature]