Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass-acre at East Canyon (8-30)
East Canyon - Went to heber for business and the T-storms by 1pm looked bad over the unita's so we headed to our back up plan, EC. What a great choice that was! Arrived on the water by 2:30pm and set out for the cove before the state park but after the dam. The water level had lowered a bit and the wind was kicking up so we stuck to bank tangling.

My twin caught 3 bass before I switched to the same bait and then it was on for 3 hours! We caught 14 SMB's with 2 caught by my twin that were 13.5 inches long. I lost a SMB right at my feet that will haunt me for a while. Still there were bites every 5 casts or so and lots of lost SMB's that spit the hook out.

My buddy showed up with his girlfriend around 5pm and he got 3 SMB's before I called it quits at 6pm. He stayed longer so who knows how he did after me. Still seeing 17 SMB's in such a short time span is a good day in my book!

We were using a 4 inch senko worm in changeable Craw color rigged wacky with red hooks and Gulps Crawdad spray. My buddy got his on a Blue Fox Gold spinner in size #3. My second pole with a nightcrawler and marshmallow went ignored the whole time.

My twin with his fat 13.5 inch SMB at East Canyon Res.
[Image: 742472.JPG]
[signature]
Very nice man. Thats a nice fish. That little cove is productive. Was wondering if the bigger guys seemed further out or were they pretty close to shore? feel free to pm the answer if you'd like. When do you plan to be up north again? I'm itchin to hit willard, Mantua, Pineview or east from toon. Willard might win these next few days cause I really my first cat of the season haha.
[signature]
The bass were everywhere although the deeper you headed the bigger they were. We actually re-read some bass books and they said that the younger bass always cruise the shore but the bigger one's seem to hang out deeper. If you look at that cove there is a trench. It is along this trench where we find the bigger ones although a lot of the bass are found right along the shoreline in 1 foot of water as well.

My twin and I are considering PV or East Canyon tomorow. If nobody goes with us tomorow we also were thinking of the uinta's as well.

I will be camping at Willard Bay on Sept. 17 (sat) so I will be fishing there or possibly Mantua on Sat-Sun that weekend.

PM me or text me if ya want to go out tomorow!
[signature]
It was great to finally hook into some BIGGER east canyon SMB's with you. That cove is really good right now. Just one question....could that pic make my face look any fatter? Now I know why I spike my hair. I love EC bassin.....bassin is my business and business is good! Kinda hard to go anywhere else eh?
[signature]
Which road is better to haul a boat through, highway 66 from morgan or 65 from henefer? Any idea?
[signature]
Having only taken the road from Morgan and Parley's I would say which ever is shortest. You should not have a problem towing a boat through the Morgan road.

I only drive the morgan way in the winter. From what I heard today there is a bit of road construction via the Morgan way right now.
[signature]