Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport
This post isn't so much about fishing as it is about my 3 year old grandson's first camping / fishing trip.

My wife and I rounded up my grandson and stepdaughter, you didn't think we were taking a 3 year old camping without his mother did you, and headed up to Rockport Friday morning to set up camp in the Riverside camp ground. About 1400 hours I had the gang ready for some fishing and since this trip was about getting a kid into the wilds and having fun I left the boats home and we fished off the bank.

I chose the bank at the North end of Rockport on the East side. You follow the park road down to the tent walk in sites and drop off the road down to the water. The water was warn, the beach was good, throwing rocks and stick were plentifully, but the catching was poor. No fish but watching the kid splash around was great.

Saturday I got the troops moving a little quicker and we departed camp about 0900 hours. I headed to the same spot but instead of the beach in the cove we went to a rocker area on a point. There was still a good area for the kid to do what he called fishing or we call running around like a 3 year old with a 2 second attention span. I think the one and only fish to come around and give us any attention was the one my step daughter caught and it was a fairly nice one.

[Image: SDC12764.jpg]

[Image: 100_0762.jpg]

A couple boats out from us also picked up a couple fish and there were a ton of boats setting up at the South end where the creek runs in so I imagine thats were all the fish were.

The boy trying to fish, I kept telling him the reel worked better the other way but what do I know.

[Image: 100_2640.jpg]

I had a great time camping with the grandson and step daughter who hadn't been camping in 10 or so years but I thought that this pic kinda summed up the fishing.
[Image: 100_2646.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Excellent.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You didn't catch a lot of fish but I suggest that you ended up with some things that were a lot more important...and will last a lot longer.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like the stepdaughter is the REEL angler in the fambly. Maybe you can get her to show you how it's done.[/#0000ff]
[signature]