Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeon fishing
If anyone, familiar with sturgeon fishing in Idaho, ever checks out this Idaho board I would appreciate hearing from you, by either replying to this post, or by sending me a private message.
[signature]
guest y dont you register and share your knowledge
[signature]
well i dont live there but i have fished for them alot and caught several good ones,what would you like to know?
[signature]
I have also been fortunate enough to catch a few -- all this year. All of my fishing has been up south of Mountain Home, ID. What I am hoping to find is a place in Idaho to fish that is closer to Utah.
[signature]
Hey kent,

I'm not sure where Davis county is in Utah but I'll assume it's somewhere close to the border. Probably the closest place to you is going to be below American falls dam. I've never fished for Stugeon there but I hear they do well there sometimes. You said you fished by Mt. Home, must be below C.J. Strike Dam. That's one of he better places in the southern part of the state for sturgeon. I live up by Boise in the Treasure Valley and fish for them below Swan Falls dam. Don't catch many there but when you do it's usually a good one, 4 ft +. If you get up this way when the weather warms up drop me a note and we'll go try for a few.

Tigh lines and smokin' drags

George
[signature]
Hey TV_Outdoors,

It is great to get a response on this thread. I live just north of Salt Lake City. I have fished for them three times, and all trips were on CJ Strike Reservoir (above the dam -- and I would say upstream; however, technically it is still the reservoir). Here is my report on one of those trips (we won't talk about the other two trips):

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=68896;search_string=Sturgeon;#68896"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=68896;search_string=Sturgeon;#68896[/url]

Keep in touch because I have the sturgeon fever and will be going after them again after it gets a little warmer.
[signature]
Bumping back to top.
[signature]