Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake on FIRE
Hit the big blue today with a buddy. We caught 15 macs and 1 cutt. Ten were over 10 lbs with the biggest at 13.5. They sure got the old feedbag on right now getting ready for the spawn. Here are a couple pics, the rest are on my buddies phone.
[signature]
Beautiful fish!!!!!! I would love to have a 10 fish over 10lb day. Would be awesome....
[signature]
Those Macs smoke up really well.
100+ lbs.? That's enough fish for the entire winter...
Nice pics!
[signature]
Most of what we caught were big females about to spawn, so they went back in the pond.
[signature]
What do you use to catch those? Do you need downriggers?
[signature]
We fished in 70 - 85 ft. The fish were either on the bottom or feeding at 50 ft. We targeted the 50 ft. depth fish. I used a downrigger but my buddy used leaded line out about 300 ft. We both did equally as well. I believe that one could do very well jigging for the fish on the bottom as well.
[signature]
Think you could PM me with what lures or bait you use? Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Been a good fall season at the lake it appears, only have been able to get out twice my self. CV, I am the young fella that helped you get your boat floating again after the bad windstorm on the 17th. Do you think the Mac's will be spawning and not biting by the first week in October?
[signature]
First of all - thanks a ton for helping me bail the boat, you guys were a lifesaver for sure. Not many guys would be willing to wade in to their waist and help someone bail out their boat. THANKS. They could not pick a worse time to shut down the ramp for improvements. I think that we will still be able to get on fish the first week of October, after that I think they will pretty much be in full spawn mode.
[signature]
Nice fish, congrats, looks and sounds like you guys had a great day.[fishin]
[signature]
So I've been wanting to give Bear Lake a try...and after those pictures it looks like I HAVE to give it a try!
[signature]